Why VB?

Discussion in 'MCSD' started by Guest, Dec 6, 2003.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Guest, Dec 6, 2003

  2. Guest

    .merlin Guest

    Shoulda went for VB cert I guess.

    Well, actually if they're asking vb.net skills, it'd be clever to choose
    a vb certification path. Up to you...

    ..merlin

    .merlin, Dec 8, 2003

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I think I read ( somewhere in these newgroups ) that
    VB.NET may be phased out in the long term too.

    But than again, this is a newgroup.

    Sometimes I forget to go for what is enjoyable, by
    choosing what is employable.

    I'm too new to VB.NET and C# in .NET to see one's
    strengths over the other.

    I have a general idea that VB is intrinsically not for
    scientific programming, that C# handles this better.

    But I have a long way to learn before I establish
    that....and why.

    Claims like that don't make any sense to me,
    though. "Scientific" is a broad term. If you are trying
    to do huge math calculations, the .NET supports
    programming right on INTEL's and AMD's I think.
    So, "scientific programming" is not totally software
    based ( in memory ) in the .NET.

    There's so much to this platform.....wish I could stay
    home forever and take it all in......then I might have it
    down in two years or so.

    :)
    Thanks.

    Guest, Dec 8, 2003
  4. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Any input on any of the below would be greatly
    appreciated.....

    Guest, Dec 8, 2003
  5. Guest

    Guest Guest

    You know what?

    I posted the below

    .....and re-reading it....?

    I have no idea what I'm talking about.
    Please disregard any requests for "input".
    I'll figure it out......

    Thanks.

    Guest, Dec 8, 2003
  6. Both VB.NET and C# use the same classes (framework). I would imagine
    that anything you can do with C#, you can do with VB.NET. Both
    languages have pluses and minuses. But as far as wanting to do
    scientific applications, there is no advantage to using one over the
    other that I can see.

    Dominic Isaia, Dec 8, 2003
  7. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Thanks for giving me one clarification on that.

    :)

    Guest, Dec 9, 2003