    I've noticed that a lot of recent releases - Dirty Deeds, Interstate 60,
    even the new King of Queens first season - aren't being released in Canada.

    What gives?

    David Nusair, Nov 20, 2003

  2. David Nusair

    Paul C. Guest

    All 3 are available from Amazon.ca. I'm not sure about King of
    Queens but I can see where the other 2 may not have wide enough
    appeal to be in brick & mortar stores. Have you checked your local
    Music World ? They usually have a pretty wide selection but they're
    also more expensive.

    Paul C., Nov 20, 2003

  3. David Nusair

    David Nusair Guest

    Yes, all three are available on Amazon.ca, but as imports.

    I'm wondering why these fairly mainstream releases aren't domestically
    available.

    David Nusair, Nov 20, 2003
  4. David Nusair

    Horn Guest

    I've noticed that a lot of recent releases - Dirty Deeds, Interstate 60,
    Ever hear of Amazon.com? As long as it is a region 1 DVD, you can buy and
    view it without any problems.

    Hey we have the same problems over here. Many DVDs get pulled just before
    the release date and no stores are allowed to sell them, yet I am able to buy
    them from Canadian dealers without any problems.

    Just be thankful for the internet so that you can order and get any DVD you
    want to. And with DVD players with region free keypad tricks right out of
    the box, you don't have to just rely on region 1 DVDs either, the world is your
    market.

    Horn, Nov 20, 2003
  5. You can always get them mail-ordered, you're in R1.

    and tagging wildebeests."
    --Michael J. Nelson

    Grand Inquisitor

    Grand Inquisitor, Nov 20, 2003
  6. David Nusair

    David Nusair Guest

    Everyone seems to be missing the point of my original post.

    I know that I can order them (in fact, I probably will in the case of
    Interstate 60), but I was wondering why certain titles just aren't being
    released here.

    It's odd, no?

    David Nusair, Nov 20, 2003
  7. David Nusair

    Paul C. Guest

    What difference does that make though ? Isn't the only difference
    for Canadian releases packaging changes (i.e. bilingual). The movies
    themselves will be the same & they provide the price in Canadian
    $$$.

    Paul C., Nov 20, 2003
  8. I live in Canada, and I've had great luck with deepdiscountDVD.com. Good
    prices, free shipping and fast service. For obscure stuff that doesn't
    show up at Future Shop or Wal-Mart (ie. most things I'm interested in)
    that's the best way to go that I've found.

    swac

    Stephen Cooke, Nov 20, 2003
  9. David Nusair

    Wade365 Guest

    << Everyone seems to be missing the point of my original post.

    I know that I can order them (in fact, I probably will in the case of
    Interstate 60), but I was wondering why certain titles just aren't being
    released here.

    It's odd, no? >>

    Odd, yes... but that's the joy of distribution. For some messed up reason we
    can't get a copy of Lynch's "Lost Highway" unless we order a Canadian import.

    Go figger.

    Wade365, Nov 21, 2003
  10. David Nusair

    Jordan Lund Guest

    It's probably just a licensing thing with the production companies
    and/or actors involved. If anything, image, actor, music, anything is
    licensed for use in the U.S. only then that's going to kill releases
    in other countries albeit temporarily...

    I don't know why you're complaining though, I had to get the "good"
    versions of Pulp Fiction and Trainspotting from a Canadian retailer.
    ;^)

    - Jordan

    Jordan Lund, Nov 21, 2003

  11. I wish I could get Trailer Park Boys in the US.

    Syracuse John, Nov 24, 2003