    time and discount any and practically all company's products
    for *some* kind of fault in the same manner, but then
    there's nothing left to build a system with, _today_.

    kony, Jul 9, 2006

  2. Talal Itani

    Rod Speed Guest

    Irrelevant to the FACT that your stupid pig ignorant
    claim at the top is clearly just plain wrong.
    Never ever could bullshit its way out of a wet paper bag.

    THERE WAS MORE THAN ONE FAN USED ON P3s, you
    silly little pathetic excuse for an argumentative bullshit artist.

    Rod Speed, Jul 9, 2006

  3. Talal Itani

    Rod Speed Guest

    Fraid so.
    Never ever could bullshit its way out of a wet paper bag.

    WITH CURRENT PROCESSORS, THE TIME IS SO SMALL
    THAT ITS COMPLETELY INVISIBLE TO THE USER WITH
    THE SMALLEST IMAGE POSSIBLE, you pathetic excuse
    for an argumentative bullshit artist.

    Rod Speed, Jul 9, 2006
  4. Talal Itani

    Rod Speed Guest

    Most complete so fast that its faster than the user can select
    that operation, you pathetic excuse for a bullshit artist.
    Pathetic, really.

    Rod Speed, Jul 9, 2006
  5. Talal Itani

    Rod Speed Guest

    Not a shred. You cant even manage to grasp THAT
    MORE THAN ONE BOXED FAN WAS USED ON P3s.
    That aint evidence THAT YOU ARE CAPABLE OF THOUGHT.
    Nope, you are, actually.
    Separate matter entirely to your stupid pig ignorant claim that
    all P3 boxed fans developed BEARING WHINE within months.

    Rod Speed, Jul 9, 2006
  6. Talal Itani

    Rod Speed Guest

    Never ever could bullshit its way out of a wet paper bag.

    No surprise that you got the bums rush.

    Rod Speed, Jul 9, 2006
  7. Most likely system difference, I only have a 2.2Ghz A64 compared to
    your 3Ghz and these things are quite likely sheer clockspeed
    dependent. What are your timings for a radial blur, spin, best
    quality? Is yours a HT chip?

    You should also try seeing what happens when previewing artistic
    filters like plastic wrap. It takes about 15~16 seconds just to
    generate the preview for me.

    Personally I've avoided taking on projects dealing with bigger sizes
    simply because after one experience (saved file was some 200MB IIRC),
    I decided I don't want to have to wait half an hour to apply a filter.
    I have to disagree with your assumption I'm hitting the disk. PS is
    only using 196MB because I used a single layer for this test so memory
    is not a concern, the raw image size is only about 50MB. I still have
    1GB of physical memory left. More importantly, I monitored the disk
    activity on PS using taskinfo and it did not do any significant I/O
    operations during the time the filters are applied or previewed.
    Windows is reporting that because PS is using as much processing power
    as it can and not responding to external inputs during that time. It
    has nothing to do with memory in this case. Purely CPU bound.

    The little lost angel, Jul 9, 2006
  8. Talal Itani

    VWWall Guest

    This says it all: BTBS :)

    http://www.infoworld.com/article/06/07/05/28OPcurve_1.html?source=NLC-CURVE2006-07-06

    http://tinyurl.com/luevp (if the above wraps)

    VWWall, Jul 9, 2006
  9. Talal Itani

    kony Guest

    Nope, they didn't start out quiet and then began whining a
    few months later. If you can't hear it, GREAT, maybe...
    I'd rather have normal hearing instead.
    Yes, now would it make you feel better if I wrote that more
    than one, and the ones used on Celerons did too?

    What did you think, I only bought and sold one lone speed of
    P3? LOL.

    kony, Jul 9, 2006
  10. Talal Itani

    kony Guest

    .... and as I wrote, it's only significant because of the
    user response time being the bottleneck. Even with median
    sized images, for example those from a 5 year old scanner or
    cheap digicam, it's not hard to find several imaging filters
    that you will be waiting on.

    Maybe you don't have time to get up and get a
    coffee/whatever, but you can't very well begin the next
    filter the moment after you initiated the last one either,
    it is a disruption to workflow directly related to CPU
    speed. Of course there are other factors like memory amount
    and speed but those too are seen to be increasing with the
    age and cost of the systems with the faster CPU. One cannot
    just discount a major portion of a system when that system
    is doing ACTIVE PROCESSING of something, not just shuffling
    files around.

    kony, Jul 9, 2006
  11. Talal Itani

    kony Guest

    Why would you think that an insult coming from someone who
    disagrees, would have even the slightest weight to it at
    all? From you Rod, it's expected, redundant, and just shows
    you're out of valid arguments.

    kony, Jul 9, 2006
  12. Talal Itani

    kony Guest

    I never claimed there was only one single fan. They were
    all made quite similar though, as for the shape, bearings,
    manufacturer, and had the same problem. Once Tualatins
    came out they changed them some but they actually went even
    further in the wrong direction using a fan with even worse
    diameter:thickness ratio and still an equally small center
    hub and bearings. To fix this they could have spec'd a
    larger bearing(s), thicker blades, and lower RPM. Their
    blade design also seems to have required a different type of
    plastic that was also harder to form without flash on the
    edges which created more wasteful turbulence pre-'sink
    instead of ON the 'sink.

    Why yes, I think you're starting to get a clue.

    kony, Jul 9, 2006
  13. Talal Itani

    kony Guest

    On Sun, 9 Jul 2006 13:09:57 +1000, "Rod Speed"

    ..

    I never expect 100% agreement, but in the end I have
    reliable CPU cooling. No matter how much someone else wants
    to disagree, the fans keep spinning fine. Hmmmm.

    kony, Jul 9, 2006
  14. Talal Itani

    Rod Speed Guest

    Thats the opposite of your drivel right at the top.
    Never ever could bullshit its way out of a wet paper bag.

    My hearing is fine thanks. I chose to replace the hard drive and
    power supply in that PVR to get a noticeably quieter system.
    Never ever could bullshit its way out of a wet paper bag.

    If ALL the P3s did what you claim in that top para, there'd
    be plenty of howling about it. There isnt, you're desperately
    attempting to bullshit your way out of your predicament and
    fooling absolutely no one at all, as always.
    Never ever could bullshit its way out of a wet paper bag.

    Rod Speed, Jul 9, 2006
  15. Talal Itani

    Rod Speed Guest

    Wrong again WITH THE SMALLEST IMAGE POSSIBLE.
    Separate matter entirely to that stupid pig ignorant
    drivel ABOUT THE SMALLEST IMAGE POSSIBLE.
    NOT WITH THE SMALLEST IMAGE POSSIBLE IT ISNT.
    Separate matter entirely TO THAT PIG IGNORANT
    DRIVEL ABOUT THE SMALLEST IMAGE POSSIBLE.

    Rod Speed, Jul 9, 2006
  16. Talal Itani

    Rod Speed Guest

    Never ever could bullshit its way out of a wet paper bag.

    Rod Speed, Jul 9, 2006
  17. Talal Itani

    Rod Speed Guest

    I never ever said you did.
    Have fun explaining mine and chrisv's which never did develop bearing whine.
    Separate matter entirely to WHETHER THEY ALL
    DEVELOPED BEARING WHINE IN MONTHS.
    Separate matter entirely to WHETHER THEY ALL
    DEVELOPED BEARING WHINE IN MONTHS.
    Never ever could bullshit its way out of a wet paper bag.

    Lets have a look at that again, BEFORE you flagrantly
    dishonestly molested the quoting shall we ?

    << Separate matter entirely to your stupid pig ignorant claim that
    Looks just a tad different now doesnt it, you pathetic
    excuse for flagrantly dishonest bullshit artist.

    Rod Speed, Jul 9, 2006
  18. Talal Itani

    Rod Speed Guest

    So do ALL of mine thanks, child.

    Rod Speed, Jul 9, 2006
  19. Sounds high because you're used to CPU temp specs.

    Where is the temp monitor? Die temp? Because operating junction temps to
    150C are common. (the Mil Spec 125C I spoke of is ambient)

    David Maynard, Jul 9, 2006
  20. Well, I'm not going to quibble with opinions like "tiny" but just wanted to
    note that business's do more than word processing.

    David Maynard, Jul 9, 2006