    film using film scanner (Kodak RFS 3600?) then print with digital
    color printer (Mitsubishi Color Printer CP 8000DW?).

    Is anybody in photoshop doing printing this way right now?

    jaekim, Jun 18, 2004

  2. jaekim

    Lourens Smak Guest

    Most Photoshops overhere (NL) are 100% digital. Film is scanned, image
    is optimized, and then printed. You can also bring a
    CD/memory-card/digital camera, instead of film.

    Fuji sells a lot of equipment for this, I see their machines in many
    places.

    ;-)
    Lourens

    Lourens Smak, Jun 18, 2004

  3. Um, that's what many of those photoshops are doing. The minilab
    digitizes the negatives and then prints from them digitally.

    David Dyer-Bennet, Jun 18, 2004
  4. jaekim

    Mxsmanic Guest

    Most good photo labs are scanning film instead of doing optical
    enlargements. The scans are modified as required then fed to laser
    printers that expose traditional photographic paper, which is then
    developed in the standard wet-process way. This produces the best
    possible paper prints for most applications.

    Mxsmanic, Jun 18, 2004