    been able to beat local retail prices on everything *except* AA NiMH
    batteries. Why is this? What's so different about batteries?

    Thanks for your help.

    Bruce W.1, Mar 10, 2005

  2. Bruce W.1

    Bob Salomon Guest

    How is this?

    Ansmann NIMH AA SPECIAL!

    5030172 NiMh AA cells 1650 mAh, packed 2 cells to a card, 12 cards to a
    box, Minimum of 6 cards (12 cells) $2.00 per card of 2 cells!

    Bob Salomon, Mar 10, 2005

  3. Bruce W.1

    Confused Guest

    Confused, Mar 10, 2005
  4. Bruce W.1

    Sheldon Guest

    Keep looking. I've seen them at MCM as low as $1 each -- new. There's also
    a site where a guy tests and rates NiMH batteries. There is a difference
    between brands, and don't forget they come in different ratings.

    As far as shipping on eBay -- let the buyer beware!

    Sheldon, Mar 11, 2005
  5. Bruce W.1

    tomcas Guest

    Agreed, Costco has AA NiMh 2300 mAh Pansonics, 6 for $13.

    Example,

    tomcas, Mar 11, 2005
  6. Bruce W.1

    Bill Rude Guest

    I dunno.....I buy from these guys and have been treated well:
    http://www.all-battery.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=3

    Bill Rude, Mar 11, 2005
  7. Bruce W.1

    Bruce W.1 Guest

    Perhaps you mean this guy:
    http://www.imaging-resource.com/ACCS/BATTS/BATTS.HTM

    I've bought some lousy batteries in my time. So now I stay with brand
    names, or at least ones that have undergone testing. You can't trust
    what sellers or the manufacturers say about their generic off-brand
    batteries.

    I just wonder why there isn't more price competition on the good batteries.

    Bruce W.1, Mar 11, 2005
  8. Thomas-Distributing has 4 Packs of 2300mAH Energizer Batteries for
    $8.97 to $8.57 ($2.25-2.15 each).

    Costco has 6 packs of 2300mAH Panasonic Batteries for $12.89 ($2.15
    each).

    Not sure why all of a sudden there are not many good deals anymore.
    Costco is doing a booming business in the Panasonic AA batteries,
    despite the recall of the Panasonic charger.

    The good deals are on the lower capacity, lesser quality batteries
    (2000-2100mA), i.e. the Lenmar 2000mAH cells.

    scharf.steven, Mar 16, 2005
  9. Bruce W.1

    Martin Guest

    I recently bought a 4pack of 2500mah Energizers for $9.95 at Walmart.

    Martin, Mar 16, 2005
  10. I bought a 20 pack of 2400 mAh XG branded NiMH AA cells at Fry's Electronics
    a few weeks ago. They were priced at $37.99 for the 20 pack which comes out
    to $1.90 per battery (before tax).

    After testing those battery cells in my digital camera--which drained Lenmar
    2000 mAh NiMH AA cells as fast as AA Alkaline battery cells--I'm very happy
    with the long battery cell life and very short self-discharge rate even when
    the cells are left in the camera.

    I used a Rayovac PS4 charger to charge them, and they worked just fine
    starting with the first charge.

    Daniel W. Rouse Jr., Mar 16, 2005
  11. Bruce W.1

    Bill Rude Guest

    I buy from these guys, buying a 24 pack yields a price of $1.25/each
    for 2300MaH Ni-MH.
    http://www.all-battery.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=14

    Bill Rude, Mar 16, 2005
  12. Bruce W.1

    Patrick Boch Guest

    You want to croak....Look at CR2..... Picked up..8
    NIMH/1850/Energizer.....for 16 bucks..at a Big Lots...Difference? Heck-why
    does a bottle of pop cost a buck? when its worth 10 cents......

    Patrick Boch, Mar 17, 2005