    Does any of you know why the IT job market is not as
    hot as few years ago?

    Ken

    Ken, Jul 24, 2003

  2. Ken

    John S Guest

    Because companies have gotten wise to wasting money. For many companies IT
    was seen as a big drain on resources with little or no return on the money
    spent, or rather wasted. So it's easy for them to cut back without any
    adverse effects what so ever.

    Coupled with the fact that there are far to many incompetent morons that
    work in the industry, it's not too hard to see why people believe the IT job
    market is, how you put it, "not so hot". People who know their stuff don't
    have a problem, only the people who believe that slapping a few controls on
    a web page constitutes being a e-commerce guru or installing the dot net
    framework makes them a 'software architect', have anything to worry about.
    Still for them a welcome change of career awaits at one those well known
    fastfood chains.

    John S, Jul 24, 2003

  3. Ken

    Simon Guest

    Blimey, calm down mate!

    To be fair, IT was churning over at an unsustainable rate
    before, and a lot of what we're seeing now is it
    downsizing to the level that industry can sustain. This
    will mean that a lot of the chaff gets weeded out, as my
    excited colleague points out above.

    Simon, Jul 25, 2003
  4. Ken

    John S Guest

    What you talking about calm down?

    I'm not stressed, I get a lot of amusement looking at the posts place in
    this newsgroup.

    John S, Jul 25, 2003
  5. Ken

    Ken Guest

    Ironically enough, I'm now working as a Customer Support
    in a Big IT company while my MCSD is still sitting here
    waiting for its use.

    Any suggestion how I can harness it to make some money?

    Ken.

    Ken, Jul 26, 2003
  6. Ken

    Jaime Guest

    funny

    Jaime, Jul 27, 2003
  7. Ken

    Ken Guest

    Yes, I have experience in building client/server apps as
    well as 3-tier apps. Any recommendation?

    Ken

    Ken, Aug 6, 2003