Why is video red-shifted on some players?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Phin, Sep 4, 2006.

  1. Phin

    Phin Guest

    This only started to happen when changed my monitor. It is an 'analog
    monitor'. I tried to adjust the color settings on the NVIDIA drivers
    and also the monitor but it doesn't affet the problem.

    The problem is when I play video on media player classic or winamp or
    anything OTHER THAN Windows Meida Player (which plays the picture just
    fine) the picture is red-shifted. This is also true if I play a dvd.
    Any dvd I play is red shifted EVEN IF I play it in Windows Media
    Player.

    Also the other clue is that I have a program that will cut up video
    files into segments. It says that it can't render AVI files because
    the 'AVI codec is not installed properly. Perhaps this is it. Any
    idea how I can install this properly or find the correct AVI codec to
    install?

    thanks in advance!

    Phin

    Phin, Sep 4, 2006

  2. Phin

    JANA Guest

    Some softwares are able to follow the set-ups in your display card driver,
    while others work directly at the hardware level.

    For colour balancing, it is best to leave the display card set up at the
    default, and use the colour matching controls in the monitor.

    If your monitor is starting to have a red colour cast that you cannot
    correct, it may be that something in it is going defective.

    --

    JANA
    _____

    JANA, Sep 5, 2006

  3. Phin

    Mitch Guest

    This kind of thing will happen when the monitor or TV is moving away
    from you at very high speeds.

    Mitch, Sep 5, 2006
  4. Phin

    Meat Plow Guest

    Yeh especially if it's traveling at the speed of light.

    Meat Plow, Sep 5, 2006
  5. Phin

    Barry OGrady Guest

    Barry OGrady, Sep 5, 2006
  6. Phin

    Pennywise Guest

    It's the blue shift that you worry about.

    Pennywise, Sep 6, 2006
  7. Phin

    cuntbubble Guest

    YM: _toward_ the speed of light.