    connected
    previously.

    Anyhow it's probably a bit of a red herring regarding my SATA boot ptoblems.

    R. Giggs., Nov 7, 2012

  2. R. Giggs.

    Paul Guest

    Driver letter usage is recorded in the Registry.

    If you use Regedit, there is a key "\DosDevices\C:"
    in MountedDevices. And you can see all your drive letters
    in there. Now, I've *never* used the letter "O" for
    a drive, and in honor of that fact, there is no
    "\DosDevices\O:" showing in the list of keys there.

    Paul

    Paul, Nov 8, 2012

  3. R. Giggs.

    R. Giggs. Guest

    Thanks for that!!

    But as you probably already know I have cloned using Acronis and it worked,
    my drives are :C and D: as normal!!

    Maybe I will try cloning again to the SMART error drive to see what happens?

    R. Giggs., Nov 8, 2012