    day, and 3/4 hour per week. I realize all software has to be read
    from the drive and load into memory, but mozilla stuff just takes too
    long.

    factor5, May 23, 2010

  2. factor5

    Ken Guest

    You must have a very slow computer.

    On my old slow computer Firefox 3.6.3 takes 4 seconds.
    On my old slow computer Tunderbird 3.0.4 takes 5 seconds.
    My 6 year old computer is a 3.2 GHz Pentium 4 2.5 HDD (C:)
    Windows 7 32 bit.

    On my small slow computer Firefox 3.6.3 takes 4 seconds.
    On my small slow computer Tunderbird 3.0.4 takes 5 seconds.
    My small computer is a 1.8 GHz VIA Mini-ITX with SSD (C:).
    Windows XP 32 bit.

    A modern computer with SSD would load Firefox and
    Thunderbird faster than 4 seconds.

    Ken, May 23, 2010

  3. factor5

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Sun, 23 May 2010 00:05:52 -0500, in message <>
    On my computer it takes Firefox 2 seconds to load, plus another 3 seconds
    to load my home page = total of 5 seconds.
    (Specs: Intel P8700 CPU @ 2.53GHz, 4GB RAM, SATA hard drive).

    My old computer would take longer (specs: AMD K6 CPU @ 233MHz, 64MB RAM,
    IDE hard drive).

    Q.1 What are the specs of your computer?

    Q.2 What extensions do you have installed in Firefox?

    Q.3 If you start Firefox in Firefox's "Safe Mode", how long does it
    take Firefox to load?

    TB takes about 5 seconds here, too.

    If you have an older spec computer, then I recommend K-Meleon as your browser.
    http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/

    • K-Meleon is based on the Gecko layout engine developed by Mozilla which
    is also used by Firefox.
    • On older computers with lower specs, K-Meleon will be significantly
    faster than Firefox.

    Ralph Fox, May 23, 2010