    JoeBloe Guest

    Calling someone a troll just because you do not like their views
    makes you one.

    JoeBloe, Dec 27, 2006

  2. kushu

    GMAN Guest

    Parents buy Disney for their kids, Disney backs blu ray, Parents will buy Blu
    Ray cause it has Disney movies that kids want. They will not buy HD-DVD
    because there will be no Disney HD-DVD.

    GMAN, Dec 27, 2006

  3. kushu

    GMAN Guest

    The fact that the huge Disney library will be on Blu Ray signals doom for
    HD-DVD period!

    GMAN, Dec 27, 2006
  4. kushu

    GMAN Guest

    The only people I see who have this deep hatred and distrust for Sony is a
    fringe group of nettards who hate anything Sony. Or the Xbox/Microsoft
    supporters who would hate anything sony due to their preference to the Xbox
    system. The general public doesn't hold this grudge and if mentioned to them,
    couldnt give a rats ass.

    GMAN, Dec 27, 2006
  5. kushu

    Goro Guest

    B/c 7yo kids are so discerning about video quality.

    "Wah. Mommy, Little Mermaid isn't in 1080p!!! Go buy a BluRay
    player!"

    -goro-

    Goro, Dec 27, 2006
  6. kushu

    Mark Jones Guest

    That is a good one. Do you have any more good jokes?

    Mark Jones, Dec 28, 2006
  7. Yes: "X-Box fans will lead the format race!"

    Derek Janssen

    Derek Janssen, Dec 28, 2006
  8. kushu

    JoeBloe Guest

    Yeah... he really has his finger on that pulse, eh?

    Bwuahahahahahahaahahh!

    JoeBloe, Dec 28, 2006
  9. kushu

    Mark Jones Guest

    That's a good one too.

    Mark Jones, Dec 28, 2006
  10. kushu

    Mac Cool Guest

    GMAN:
    Wrongo. There will be Disney on DVD which will play just fine on those HD-
    DVD players that are half the price of the crippled Blus. And the Disney
    DVDs will be much cheaper than Disney Blus.

    Disney is a one trick pony on the Blu front with Pirates.

    Mac Cool, Dec 28, 2006
  11. Oh, yeh, this one'll kill ya: :-D

    - See, it's next January--like, less than a month from now?--and it's
    that big CES '07 show, where all the companies make their big press
    events? And so, you've got Disney doing their Lion King and Cars
    things, and you've got Warner making a big show about how they'll put
    out their whole HD catalog on Blu, and you've got Toshiba saying don't
    worry, that second-generation player's still coming any day now, etc.,
    etc...
    Okay, now, these two media analysts walk in, right? And one of them
    writes for the WSJ, and the other one writes for the New York Times, so
    they don't really know this stuff either--and they don't know PS3 from
    X-Box except that maybe one of their kids plays it--but they've got to
    write it all up and explain it to the big investors who don't really
    know how all this stuff works either, but believe every word they say:
    And so, the one analyst says to the other, "Hey, did they say who won
    yet?" And the other analyst says "Nah, still nothin'...But all I heard
    this morning was Blu-Ray and Blu-Ray; I don't know about you, but
    there's half my story right there."
    The second analyst says "But wait, shouldn't we wait for the public to
    decide?", and--get this--the first analyst says, "Decide?...Were they
    going to decide?? They haven't even bought EITHER ONE yet!"

    <rimshot> :)

    But wait, that's not the whole joke--
    Now at this same CES, y'see, there's Steve Jobs...And you know he's just
    there to take pictures; he's not going to say anything because he always
    wants to make his big announcements a month later on his OWN stage,
    always got to have it his own way.
    Anyway, so, this guy walks up to Jobs, and he says, "Hey, Steve, we know
    you own Apple, and Disney, and Pixar, and every other company that's
    making Blu-Ray...So, are you really going to go for both formats on the
    next Mac system like they were saying you would?
    And Steve--of course--says, "Wouldn't YOU like to know?...Wait till
    Feburary, pal!" And he just walks off, and the guy's still left there
    knowing nothin' from nothin', so he can't even say *that* about HD!

    <pause>

    I mean..."Wait till February!"

    :-D

    <crickets>

    ....Ah, you had to be there--This is killing 'em in Cupertino!

    Derek Janssen (thank you, folks, tip your waitresses, and try the falafel)

    Derek Janssen, Dec 28, 2006
  12. kushu

    Company Man Guest

    But their influentials, the tech heads they listen to and trust, _do.

    Company Man, Dec 28, 2006
  13. kushu

    manitou Guest

    Plus, the new Toshiba second-gen player, HD-A2 --- got mine yesterday
    --- seems glitch-free.

    I believe that, for the home theatre crowd, the winning format will be
    the first to produce a reasonably priced player that works well.

    CPJ

    manitou, Dec 29, 2006
  14. kushu

    dgates Guest

    How old is this kid that he's going to know the difference between DVD
    and HD DVD?

    By the way, not that I care which way the war goes, but I think one
    big factor in HD-DVD's favor is that its name is exactly what you
    would say if you were describing what you wanted.

    "I've got this HD TV. Is there some kind of HD DVD player I should
    get to go with it?"

    dgates, Dec 29, 2006
  15. kushu

    guest Guest

    The system that will be "ahead" will be the one that companies are
    able to sell their players for less than $100.

    guest, Dec 29, 2006
  16. kushu

    Richard C. Guest

    ==================================
    How many people do you know that own $35,000 turntables
    and $12,000 tube mono amps? Or $3000 cables?
    THAT is high end - it is indeed a niche market

    Richard C., Dec 29, 2006
  17. kushu

    Richard C. Guest

    ==========================
    But Disney backed DIVX - and look what a success that was!
    :)

    Richard C., Dec 29, 2006
  18. kushu

    Richard C. Guest

    The fact that the huge Disney library will be on Blu Ray signals doom for
    HD-DVD period![/QUOTE]

    ===============================
    That is no guarantee!
    Look how well it did for DIVX!

    Richard C., Dec 29, 2006
  19. So...Blu-Ray's going to pay-per-view shake us down for two bucks every
    time we watch their disks?

    Derek Janssen (...I NEVER REALIZED!!!!! 0_0 )

    Derek Janssen, Dec 29, 2006
  20. kushu

    GMAN Guest

    Take it for what it is, when new movies that kids want from Disney only come
    out on Blu Ray, and not HD-DVD, the parents will buy blu ray.

    GMAN, Dec 29, 2006