    When you steal from them, you go to jail.

    When they steal from you, they laugh all the way to the bank.

    Lg

    Lawrence Glickman, Dec 30, 2005

  2. Lawrence Glickman

    Battleax Guest

    You shopped at walmart? good luck with that

    Battleax, Dec 30, 2005

  3. Lawrence Glickman

    Wilhelm Guest

    Caveat emptor Wal-Marti.

    Wilhelm, Dec 30, 2005
  4. Never again.
    First time, shame on them
    Second time, shame on me.

    Lg

    Lawrence Glickman, Dec 30, 2005
  5. WAL MART SHOULD HAND OUT VASELINE TO CUSTOMERS ENTERING THEIR STORE.
    THAT WAY, WHEN THEY GET REAMED, THEY WON'T FEEL THE PAIN UNTIL THEY
    GET HOME.

    Lawrence Glickman, Dec 30, 2005
  6. Lawrence Glickman

    Rich Guest

    I say, why deal with a middle man? Just go to your nearest Chinese
    consulate and give them your money!

    Rich, Dec 30, 2005
  7. Sure. I was buying a digicam at the "Low Low Price" advertised, and
    what I got was equivalent to a box of rocks.
    '
    Oppps. These are rocks sir, and the box says camera. We can't help
    you.

    WTF? Somebody needs to stick a needle in their ass and squirt
    something nasty into them. I saw them do this to another customer as
    I was standing there filing my complaint. Same thing! Except camera
    already had scratches, photos in it, was obviously used, but matched
    the label on the box. Didn't stick around long enough to see what
    happened with that case.

    I suspect this kind of thievery is widespread at Wal Mart, based on my
    visits there.

    I will not be seeing them again, unless it is in a Court of Law.

    Lg

    Lawrence Glickman, Dec 30, 2005
  8. Your CapsLock key is broken.

    Randall Ainsworth, Dec 30, 2005
  9. Lawrence Glickman

    Tom Guest

    Did you by any chance pay by credit card. If so you should have recourse
    through your credit card company. If you dispute the charge, they should
    pull the money back from WalMart and tell them to settle the dispute with
    you if they want their money. At least that's the way they used to do it
    with the retailer I worked for some time ago. Of course if you really did
    pay by cash as you say, you may be out of luck. That is, unless you do as
    apparrently the thief did to them...take the camera back to another store
    for an exchange and this time don't open the box for them or tell them that
    the wrong camera was in the box, just say it doesn't work or you want a
    different model. I've never seen them open the box to see what was in it.
    I returned a printer for exchange because it quit working after a few days
    and they just gave me a new one. Later figured out that if I had read the
    instructions, I would have figured out that a power surge had simply kicked
    out the reset in the power transformer.

    Tom, Dec 30, 2005
  10. I paid in cash. They =do= open the boxes at "Customer Service." At
    least nowadays they do. Their slogan "Customer First" really means,
    when it comes to reaming, the customer get the first poke, and the
    employees have to line up behind the customers for their turn.

    I gave them every chance in the world to make amends and set things
    right. They refused. Now they face my wrath. Street Justice.

    Lg

    Lawrence Glickman, Dec 30, 2005
  11. Lawrence Glickman

    grumpy Guest

    He could get another one at Walmart. ;-)

    grumpy, Dec 30, 2005
  12. Lawrence Glickman

    Bill Funk Guest

    A question...
    Since you know that there are people out there who, on purpose, will
    cheat stores (and, of course, the stores know this, too), how does the
    store know you are not the one who, in this case, put the wrong camera
    in the box?
    This is, as I understand it, a fairly common scam. You, according to
    what you say, are a victim of it yourself.
    But how is the store to tell who's doing the scamming?

    Bill Funk, Dec 30, 2005
  13. Lawrence Glickman

    Jack Guest

    [posted and mailed]

    Why don't you check the package before you pay to make sure it was never
    opened? You can usually tell if a box has been previously opened. I deal with
    Walmart frequently and have never had a problem. I have also returned items
    with nary a problem. I don't think they're too worried about losing you as a
    customer, since millions of others have no problems and continue to do business
    with them. I live in a small town where I didn't have other choices until
    recently when Target opened a new store.

    Jack, Dec 30, 2005
  14. Lawrence Glickman

    Wilhelm Guest

    Yes, they have some nice ones there--made in Bangladesh by impoverished
    children getting 5 cents a day to make them.

    Wilhelm, Dec 30, 2005
  15. They are overpaying those children if they are producing such poor
    quality keyboards.

    -James Nachtwey-
    http://www.jamesnachtwey.com/

    John A. Stovall, Dec 30, 2005
  16. Lawrence Glickman

    Cynicor Guest

    Could be worse. Check out what other people are finding in their
    Wal-Mart boxes. http://www.local6.com/news/5710517/detail.html

    Cynicor, Dec 30, 2005
  17. Lawrence Glickman

    Diamond Dave Guest

    How do WE know he didn't try to scam them and is POed because his scam didn't
    work? Why would a person buy a new camera kit and not make sure it was a sealed
    box? If it was an open box sale item why would he not open the box and check for
    proper contents before paying for it? Too many things in this tale don't add up.
    The one thing that Wal-Mart has always been known for is their return policy,
    they have always been good about taking stuff back.

    Diamond Dave, Dec 30, 2005
  18. Lawrence Glickman

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Many years ago I bought a record (33rpm) that was sealed in plastic
    wrap, and it was supposed to be Tijuana Brass. Inside was The Righteous
    Brothers. I KNEW no one would believe that I didn't swap the record, so
    I didn't even try to return it. This kind of thing does happen, and I
    am sure it is annoying, but I am equally sure that the store didn't have
    anything to do with it, and I can understand why they wouldn't to take
    the camera back.

    Ron Hunter, Dec 30, 2005
  19. Lawrence Glickman

    Ron Hunter Guest

    And how much would they be making a day if there was no one to employ
    them???

    Ron Hunter, Dec 30, 2005

  20. Then it's rather odd that you say they did the same thing to them.

    What thievery? You assumed they ripped them off.

    Taking on the largest retailer on earth when you have no case
    will be a hard lesson for you. Your camera doesn't match the box
    and you can't prove anything. You will need to tilt the scale
    with more than you personality.

    Fletis Humplebacker, Dec 30, 2005