Why don't they make HDDs and platters like this?

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by GreenXenon, May 22, 2009.

  1. GreenXenon

    GreenXenon Guest

    Hi:

    Why don't computers companies make and sell platters individually in
    stores?

    CD-Rs and DVD-Rs are sold like that. So why not make HDDs with push-
    open slots like with CDs?

    If HDDs had push-button-open/close slots [similar to CD drives] and
    platters were sold by themselves, then I could say whatever I want on
    the internet [e.g. things that would expose the NSA and Central-
    Security-Service for their lies] without facing negative consequences.
    When they show up, I could simply push the open button on the HDD,
    pull out the platters and evaporate them with a source of extreme
    heat. That way the NSA and Central-Security-Service would be unable to
    file defamation charges against me because I would have vaporized the
    evidence. Then, I could simply by more platters and start over with a
    clean slate.

    Also, the NSA/Central-Security-Service would be unable to permanently
    plant malware [e.g. key-stroke loggers] on my PC because I whenever I
    suspect something is wrong, I could simply pull out the platters,
    vaporize them, and but new platters.

    Why don't computer companies make HDDs that can easily open/close the
    platter slots with a button [so that I don't have to keep unscrewing]?

    Also, why don't they sell platters without the HDD [so that I don't
    have to keep buying new HDDs]?

    Thanks

    GreenXenon, May 22, 2009

  2. GreenXenon

    Rod Speed Guest

    Essentially because they work much better in 'sealed' enclosures.
    Thats has been done with ZIPs etc but you dont get anything like
    the data density and reliability that you get with a 'sealed' enclosure.
    Tad difficult to have one of those available at all times
    so when the large footed fellas storm thru the front
    door, you can evaporate the platters quickly enough.
    Not a chance, they'd just summarily execute you
    and claim that you pulled a gun on them, stupid.
    You can do that with the entire hard drive, stupid.
    Because they know that you dont get any screwing, child.
    Because they make more money flogging fools like you entire hard drives, child.

    Rod Speed, May 22, 2009

  3. GreenXenon

    GreenXenon Guest

    ZIPs are more like floppy in terms of the disc. In ZIPs/floppy, the
    disc is a soft dark-brown round magnetic film. In HDDs, the platters
    look like small CDs and are hard and reflect light like a mirror.

    So why not make HDDs where the platters can be in something like a CD-
    slot [except the slot is smaller for a magnetic platter as opposed to
    a CD]? A device like this would do wonders for those who are very
    particular about security and anonymity.

    With that I can expose the NSA/Central-Security-Service for the way
    they refuse to protect us American citizens from the evils of Islam.
    The NSA/Central-Security-Service befriend muslims and give them
    government secret they would never tell us Americans. So the NSA/
    Central-Security-Service deserve to be thoroughly humiliated for the
    traitors they are. The NSA/Central-Security-Service torture and abuse
    our soldiers while providing luxury to evil muslims in Iraq,
    Afghanistan, Pakistan -- and pretty much the rest of the world. This
    is why 9/11 happened. If the NSA/Central-Security-Service weren't the
    treasoning turds they are, then thousands of American lives would be
    saved and our troops would be treated like human beings.

    In one of the wars America has with the scumbag muslims, the NSA/
    Central-Security-Service blew up an American tank on purpose. The
    explosion severly burnt our troops. These troops were in excruciating
    pain. Rather then help them, the NSA/Central-Security-Service began
    shooting the already injured troops. The NSA/Central-Security-Service
    then told the American public the heinous lie "Our Soldiers Died By
    Friendly Fire"

    Its obvious, the NSA and Central-Security-Service are traitorous
    queers who love to suck muslim cock.

    GreenXenon, May 22, 2009
  4. GreenXenon

    Unruh Guest

    because the tolerances are such that the very very least amount of dust
    would destroy the platter and the read/write heads. That is how they fit
    a TB on a platter whose area is much smaller than a DVD ( which holds
    4GB). That is why a hard drive is sealed.

    Go ahead. Nothing stops yo ufrom buying new disks. Put them into a usb
    caddy and do just what y ou said.

    Unruh, May 22, 2009
  5. GreenXenon

    GreenXenon Guest

    I would like a computer that uses the above. I want a PC that is free
    of non-volatile RAM. The only two memories should be mask-programmed
    ROM and capacitor-free dynamic volatile RAM.

    I am looking for a laptop that is NVRAM-free and cache-free. I also
    need for the MAC address, IP address, and any other unique IDs of my
    laptop to be in the form of capacitor-free dynamic RAM, so that they
    will be lost each time I turn my laptop off -- and make new IDs, IPs,
    and MACs, when I turn it on again.

    Normally MAC addresses and other unique IDs are stored in mask-
    programmed ROM, which cannot at all change. In my laptop they shouldbe
    in V-RAM.

    I don't plan to save anything on the laptop, which is why I don't need
    NVRAM or caches. NVRAM and caches will store unwanted confidential
    material no matter how much you try to erase.

    The OS and it's programs [such as word, excel, browser] should be
    stored in a mask-programmed ROM chip.

    Using this laptop I can humiliate the NSA/Central-Security-Service to
    my heart's content while keeping my chances of facing any negative
    consequences so close to zero, they might as well be zero.

    GreenXenon, May 23, 2009
  6. GreenXenon

    Eric Gisin Guest

    Those who subscribe to 9/11 conspiracy beliefs are generally suspicious and inquisitive, a new
    study suggests.

    http://sciencenews.org/view/generic/id/44046/title/The_inner_worlds_of_conspiracy_believers

    Eric Gisin, May 23, 2009
  7. GreenXenon

    Rod Speed Guest

    Its always been obvious that their problem is ear to ear dog shit.

    Rod Speed, May 23, 2009
  8. GreenXenon

    GreenXenon Guest

    I'm not one of them. I don't believe stupid myths such as the likes of
    "9/11 is an inside job"

    I know the NSA/Central-Security-Service didn't perpetrate 9/11,
    muslims did. However, the NSA/Central-Security-Service chose to
    support muslims and continues to.

    Also, in the Vietnam war, the NSA/Central-Security-Service poisoned
    our troops with Agent-Orange, depleted uranium, and a hallucination
    called "BZ".

    The NSA/Central-Security-Service use terrorist tactics against
    American citizens [such as logging our keystrokes via malware]. This
    makes the NSA/Central-Security-Service just as guilty as those
    pisslamic bastards.

    GreenXenon, May 23, 2009
  10. GreenXenon

    Rod Speed Guest

    GreenXenon wrote
    Nope, not with what matters, bit density.

    Thats the reason that hard drives are 'sealed', you
    cant get TBs in the area if 3.5" platters any other way.
    And get vastly more bit density than CDs and DVDs.
    Because you wont get anything like the same bit density if its not 'sealed'
    They're always welcome to put the entire hard drive
    in a furnace if they are that mindlessly paranoid.

    That way they still get the current bit density and very low prices.

    TB hard drives are now so cheap that it makes absolutely no
    sense to have removable platters at a much lower bit density.
    You can do that by putting the entire hard drive into a furnace.
    It isnt the NSA/Central-Security-Service you should be worried
    about, its those nice men in the green van that will come running
    in with that funky canvas jacket with the extremely long sleeves.

    In spades when they find you melting down your hard
    drive because they have just broken your door down.
    I doubt Khalid 'Sheikh' Mohammed buys that line. Cant imagine why for the life of me.

    Might have something to do with the number of times he was waterboarded or sumfin.
    Bugger, doesnt that mean that its curtains for you as
    soon as they read this expose of what they get up to ?

    Byeeeee...
    Just because you are into that sort of thing, doesnt mean that they are.

    Slick got Monica to suck his, didnt need the NSA etc.

    Rod Speed, May 23, 2009
  11. GreenXenon

    GMAN Guest

    Nacy Pilosi, is that you???
    Um, DVD-RAM much?????

    GMAN, May 23, 2009
  12. GreenXenon

    Rod Speed Guest

    GreenXenon wrote
    You can have one anytime. Just use a linux live CD system with no hard drive.
    Thats harder to find but some old dinosaurs were like that.
    Wont save your bacon, they'll just keep track of the new ones.
    Thats just plain wrong.
    Linux live CDs do that fine.
    More practical to get it off a CD a boot time.
    Pure fantasy. They just keep track of what came from you
    system and it has to do that for you to 'humiliate' anyone.

    Doesnt 'humiliate' anyone if your shit never gets outside your laptop.

    Rod Speed, May 23, 2009
  13. GreenXenon

    Rod Speed Guest

    Then you should do the decent thing and set fire to yourself in 'protest'.

    That'll teach em.

    Rod Speed, May 23, 2009
  14. GreenXenon

    GreenXenon Guest

    Isn't twin-transistor RAM a type of capacitor-free dynamic volatile
    RAM?
    What good will it do them to keep track of the new ones? The new IDs
    will keep getting useless to them each time I turn off my laptop.
    How so?

    GreenXenon, May 23, 2009
  15. GreenXenon

    Rod Speed Guest

    GreenXenon wrote
    That was a comment about the masked programmed ROM.
    They know its you.
    Not when they keep track of the new ones every time your turn it on again.
    It isnt feasible to do the MAC addresses and other unique IDs in masked
    programmed ROM because you would need a new mask for every new item.

    Rod Speed, May 23, 2009
  16. GreenXenon

    GreenXenon Guest

    How do they know?
    They can keep track of the MAC addresses, but how do they know the
    source of them if I can simply produce random new MAC addresses [and
    get rid of the old ones] -- which is what I was thinking of doing?

    GreenXenon, May 23, 2009
  17. GreenXenon

    GreenXenon Guest

    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=telecran&aq=f&oq=&aqi=g8

    Absolutely irrelevant.

    GreenXenon, May 23, 2009
  18. GreenXenon

    GreenXenon Guest

    GreenXenon, May 23, 2009
  19. GreenXenon

    Rod Speed Guest

    GreenXenon wrote
    By checking where that traffic comes from.
    By checking where that traffic comes from.

    They can do it by content analysis too.

    Rod Speed, May 23, 2009
  20. GreenXenon

    Martin Guest

    When I did electronics at university SRAM was much faster than DRAM and
    you didn't need the refresh cycles. Have things changed? They are larger
    (physically) and more expensive because each cell uses multiple transistors.

    Indeed wikipedia has
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Static_random_access_memory

    Characteristics
    SRAM is more expensive, but faster and significantly less power hungry
    (especially idle) than DRAM. It is therefore used where either bandwidth
    or low power, or both, are principal considerations. SRAM is also easier
    to control (interface to) and generally more truly random access than
    modern types of DRAM. Due to a more complex internal structure, SRAM is
    less dense than DRAM and is therefore not used for high-capacity,
    low-cost applications such as the main memory in personal computers.

    Martin, May 23, 2009