    parameter change to an image (compare to Sigma/Foveon's RAW software,
    which renders everything in real time).

    Why doesn't Canon make a DSLR for serious shooters?

    George Preddy, Apr 20, 2004

  2. George Preddy

    Tony Spadaro Guest

    Tony Spadaro, Apr 20, 2004

  3. Hey, why don't you come up with a better camera then...
    Let me think... an SD10 perhaps? :p

    Yves Deweerdt, Apr 20, 2004
  4. George Preddy

    Savidge4 Guest

    I didn't realize how truly bad the Canon DSLRs were in review mode
    Actually for the 10-D the number is 118,000 pixels and for your beloved SD9
    there is 130,000 pixels
    I would be led to believe that somewhere you are miss reading the information
    given on dpreview in regards to this information. yes you are looking at a
    JPEG, but are you aware of the 10x zoom playback function? I personally have a
    D-60 and it takes no where near 5.5 seconds to load a preview shot of a raw
    image and i can look at the image enlarged by scrolling through a 9 space grid.
    you are clueless as to what you are saying with regard to the capabilities of
    the Canon cameras.
    I find it rather refreshing that Canon has not delved to deeply into the
    software aspect of digital imaging. It is very clear that there was a
    partnership up front with Adobe for support of thier products to be included in
    the once plug-in, now included RAW function of Photoshop.
    i think you may have this twisted, it is clear by your choice of camera that
    you are not a "serious shooter".

    Savidge4, Apr 20, 2004
  5. "serious shooter"? That's YOU, George-the-obsessed, a
    serious mouth shooter. For a troll, you sure are
    PERSISTENT, I'll grant you that. If your Foveon floats your
    boat so well, why aren't you out there USING it, instead of
    wasting your time impugning other camera maker's products?
    Who do you think will be taken in by your lies and
    distortion? Every post you make just sinks your credibility
    that much more.

    sincerely, dave

    Bay Area Dave, Apr 20, 2004
  6. George Preddy

    PTRAVEL Guest

    "Prosumer P&S." An oxymoron from a . . . well you fill in the blank.
    I doubt that dpreview.com said that and, at any rate, it simply isn't true.
    On my 10D it's no more than a second or so.
    Only if "everyone" means "George Preddy." No focus problems with my 10D.
    What computer are you using, an original IBM XT? On my 1.4 GHz Athlon, RAW
    comes up in about 10 seconds, 5 second on my 2.8 GHz P4.
    Obviously, it does. Why do you make up lies in your jihad against Canon?
    You still haven't answered that.

    PTRAVEL, Apr 20, 2004
  7. George Preddy

    ~ Darrell ~ Guest

    And your point is? this is just a preview screen...

    Why doesn't Sigma make a real camera...

    ~ Darrell ~, Apr 20, 2004
  8. George Preddy

    Chris Brown Guest

    I just timed the delay from shutter closing oto thumbnail display on the
    10D. It was 2.2 seconds.
    The embedded JPEG size is configurable and can be set at the full resolution
    of 6 megapixels.

    Chris Brown, Apr 20, 2004
  9. Why don't you go away?

    Charles Schuler, Apr 20, 2004
  10. George Preddy

    Skip M Guest

    He's already admitted that he doesn't own any of the cameras he extols.
    When someone challenged him on his ownership, he said, "Who needs to own a
    camera to tell..."Or is that exTrolls? His Sigma SD9 and 10 images are
    stolen from other photographers.

    Skip M, Apr 20, 2004
  11. George Preddy

    Tony Spadaro Guest

    Tony Spadaro, Apr 20, 2004
  12. On top of that they take 5.5 secs (dpreview.com) to display only a
    Back on the crack pipe, eh George? Mine doesn't take that long to
    display.
    Yeah, the Canon software is pretty lame-o. That's why I use PhotoShop
    CS.

    Randall Ainsworth, Apr 20, 2004
  13. George Preddy

    JPS Guest

    In message <c63q7n$7m502$-berlin.de>,
    The only time the 10D is particularly slow at review is when you shoot
    two images in rapid succession in RAW mode; it puts your request on hold
    until the writing is done. For single shots, review doesn't take very
    long, nor does it with JPEGs.

    It's not as bad as SteveGeorge suggests all the time, but review mode on
    the 10D does leave a lot to be desired, IMO. It should give better
    priority to the user's immediate wishes than it does.

    JPS, Apr 21, 2004
  14. And "Preddy" is lying as usual. The 10D has a 118,000 pixel TFT LCD.

    Bart

    Bart van der Wolf, Apr 21, 2004
  15. George Preddy

    PTRAVEL Guest

    I shoot only raw, and I have yet to have an occassion when I needed
    immediate review of something after shooting a couple of shots in
    succession. I suppose, if I tried, I could conceive of some circumstance
    where it would be desireable, but I'd really have to strain.

    I came to digital photography after shooting film for 40+ years. Of course,
    in film photography there is no such thing as "review." You compose your
    shot and find out some time later how it came out. Maybe it's for that
    reason that I just don't care much at all about the speed of review.

    That Preddy does merely confirms that (1) he's not an experienced
    photographer since, if he was, he'd have the same film background that I do,
    and (2) as usual, he's just looking for fodder for his "smear Canon"
    campaign.. And, as usual, he lied in the process.

    PTRAVEL, Apr 21, 2004
  16. George Preddy

    Mark B. Guest

    Because people keep responding to him. Until folks realize that, we're
    stuck with him.

    Mark

    Mark B., Apr 21, 2004
  17. George Preddy

    jean Guest

    jean, Apr 21, 2004
  18. George Preddy

    Mark M Guest

    More idiocy from the village idiot.

    Mark M, Apr 21, 2004
  19. George Preddy

    Mark M Guest

    The user's wishes were indicated to the camera when teh user tripped the
    shutter.
    It is setting the recording of that intended image as the top priority--as
    it most certainly should be set.

    Mark M, Apr 21, 2004
  20. (Savidge4) wrote in message
    Add $800. BTW, Photoshop is a poor RAW processor.
    Canons ship without any usable RAW software, don't have a full RAW
    image review mode avaialble (so shoot film instead, obviously), and it
    takes a few seconds to see even that instead of the <0.1 seconds of
    the pro Sigma SDs. What a joke.

    If it makes you feel any better, the Fuji S2 "Pro" is also a prosumer
    camera in that it doesn't have a full RAW review mode in camera, only
    a tiny JPEG thumbnail representation. JACAC. Just as crippled as
    Canon.

    George Preddy, Apr 21, 2004