  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Why doesn't blackberry work on Windows 64bit Edition?

    Guest, Feb 16, 2006

  2. Guest

    Rick Guest

    Why aren't you asking R.I.M.? Microsoft does not make the Blackberry!

    Rick, Feb 16, 2006

  3. Good question. I think you should ask RIM, since THEY are the people
    responsible for making their applications work.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Feb 16, 2006
  4. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Here is a legitimate question: How **can** we persuade the other companies to
    make a 64-bit driver. From what I heard, Line6 (makers of Podxt) said that
    they had no plan to go 64-bit. Any suggestions?

    cg

    Guest, Feb 16, 2006
  5. Yes. Keep asking them, get other users who have their product to ask them,
    and when that doesn't work (and it won't for some companies), then make
    buying decisions based on who does, and who doesn't, support x64. That's
    what I do. I just bought a Canon printer instead of an HP because the Canon
    had x64 drivers. And I let HP know that that was the reason I made the
    decision. I needed a portable printer for when I'm on the road, and Canon
    provided a solution that works in x64.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Feb 16, 2006
  6. Guest

    Torrey Lauer Guest

    Chad: It's definately frustrating when something that we want to just work
    doesn't. I know they say they don't have any plans to go 64 bit, but I'm
    sure as Windows Vista nears release to market, they will change their minds.
    Some software companies may not have the manpower right now to code their
    apps for x64 yet.

    In the meantime, as Charlie has suggested, try to find others that use the
    software, and ask them to contact the software company and ask for a version
    for x64.

    Torrey Lauer, Feb 16, 2006
  7. For what it's worth, I'm getting well and thoroughly known inside MS as the
    person who keeps asking about x64. Since I'm involved in several beta
    programs, some of which don't have support for x64 in their first stages,
    they've definitely heard the request. And support for x64 will be a
    requirement of the Vista Logo program. (Note I said support, not native x64
    versions.)

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Feb 16, 2006
  8. Guest

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    Mobilise fellow-users wich are looking for 64-bit drivers, to contact the
    manufacturer. Start a blog, promote your action, etc etc.

    jud

    Jud Hendrix, Feb 16, 2006