    The email is limited to 72 characters when received - just not in the
    composition window (only) when a paragraph has been pasted there.

    Tbird Version 1.5 Beta 2 (20051006)

    default, Oct 19, 2005

  2. default schreef:
    That depends on what language you are using. The spell checking
    dictionary is not developed by mozilla itself, but is taken from
    elsewhere. I suppose the people that gathered that dictionary didn't
    consider `Mozilla' to be a general English (or whatever other language,
    but probably English, otherwise you would have downloaded the dictionary
    yourself) word, and rightly so.
    File a bug report: http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/

    Cheers, H.

    --
    Hendrik Maryns

    ==================
    www.lieverleven.be
    http://aouw.org

    Hendrik Maryns, Oct 19, 2005

  3. Thunderbird uses the spell checker for OpenOffice.org. You can always
    add the word Mozilla to your personal dictionary.

    As to the other problem, does this happen when composing in html, plain
    text or both? What is the source of the copy/pasted material, word
    processor, web page, another email message?

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Oct 19, 2005
  4. default

    default Guest

    Composition is HTML, source is copy pasted from an email from a web
    based email program: "movemail." Pasted text is limited to the same
    length as the pasted message - doesn't run off the page - just what I
    add in subsequent lines.

    I haven't taken the time to try various combinations to see what all
    the symptoms are. It is rare that I have to copy/paste so it isn't a
    big deal. I was wondering if I'm missing something obvious.

    default, Oct 19, 2005
  5. default

    gwtc Guest

    Also, the dictionaries themselves are very old. Since it comes from
    OpenOffice, when was the last time they updated their dictionaries.

    gwtc, Oct 19, 2005
  6. I need to do some experimenting to try to duplicate this problemm, and
    just no time to do it now, maybe on the weekend.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Oct 20, 2005
  7. default

    Old Gringo Guest

    Mozilla, is a name, a proper noun. I'll let you take it from there.

    Old Gringo, Oct 21, 2005
  8. default

    default Guest

    Don't go to any trouble on my account. I only use it when replying
    from my web based email on my ISP's email account.

    default, Oct 21, 2005
  9. Okay then, I just didn't want you to feel like i was ignoring you.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Oct 21, 2005