    this thread, though. And it feels weird to have two different addresses
    for a host depending on from where you're looking.

    /Jorgen

    Jorgen Grahn, May 9, 2012

  2. unruh

    Chris Davies Guest

    This situation already exists today, and for most people they don't
    even know about it as properly split and organised DNS hides the issue -
    just like it should.

    Chris

    Chris Davies, May 10, 2012

  3. unruh

    Jorgen Grahn Guest

    I know, but that doesn't make it less weird.
    It may hide part of the issue, but they still cannot run any servers,
    use protocols which aren't made to work with normal IPv4 NAT, and so
    on.

    /Jorgen

    Jorgen Grahn, May 10, 2012
  4. unruh

    Chris Davies Guest

    I was referring to the Split DNS scenario (having moved on from 1:1
    NAT slightly), picking up your comment about it feeling strange to
    have two addresses for the same host. From that perspective - and
    ignoring many:1 NAT for a moment, I have to disagree with you about not
    running servers. My web server here is 192.168.132.252 but you see it
    as 188.222.203.136. In both instances we can use the same DNS name (www)
    and it will work correctly.

    In a corporate configuration this would be (should be) implemented with
    1:1 NAT not many:1 NAT.

    However, IMO this is getting rather off topic for the original subject
    matter.

    Cheers,
    Chris

    Chris Davies, May 10, 2012
  5. unruh

    Jorgen Grahn Guest

    Yes it is, and it's also moving into an area I know nothing about.
    I'm more than happy to drop the subject,

    /Jorgen

    Jorgen Grahn, May 11, 2012