Why does SpamCop tell me this should be reported to [email protected]?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Lookout, Apr 9, 2006.

  1. Lookout

    Lookout Guest

    h=From:To:Subject:Date:Message-ID:MIME-Version:Content-Type;

    b=fWj7BZ+s4cNa419Vzv8ZAyGLloFhaBUZoxMLari6p+rFHUm4W18CqwFsoDd/hRVUH7KwDMF4Vdvi
    GmaXL5ufAg==

    b=iEKrhlSb5DYbO/QRyQfmBzuQRY57m7cKp3BpM7g7WXXBfms+qasy/L+x+pbPXmGlTzy2akjVv6NQ
    4gyabg3F2A==;
    From: "ActiveSpeed" <>
    To: "Intended for Lookout" <%&(*(*^$%@cableone.net>
    Subject: For a smarter, faster Internet connection Lookout
    Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2006 16:16:17 -0700

    Lookout, Apr 9, 2006

  2. Lookout

    samuel Guest

    please put question here
    "Why does SpamCop tell me this should be reported to
    ?"
    not all in subject please

    you have whois question

    http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/whois.ch?ip=64.18.5.10

    samuel, Apr 9, 2006

  3. Lookout

    Mike Easter Guest

    Lookout wrote:
    Subject: Why does SpamCop tell me this should be reported to
    ?

    You are doing several things wrong here.

    - SpamCop doesn't parse those headers to report the source to postini,
    that would be your own provider

    - When you make a news message, the question should be in the body so
    that the question can be addressed or answered in the body

    - The subject of a news message has a different purpose, not for the
    body's question

    - This is not the best place to discuss SC parsing or SC parsing
    errors, that should be done in the spamcop newsgroups, either
    news://news.spamcop.net/spamcop or news://news.spamcop.net/spamcop.help

    - When you are discussing spam or spam headers in those spamcop
    discussion groups, do not post spam or its headers in those groups, but
    post a spamcop tracking URL which demonstrates the parse

    - The SC tracker for this item is
    http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z916510709z45a85f47e0e9b65436b3f811af859244z

    - That tracker shows SC correctly identifying 70.103.137.42 rDNS
    out137-42.ca.us.bmiisu.com as the source

    - That IP is spamhaus listed as the /22 block belonging to BlueStream
    Media, Inc IP Service USA COMDEPOT

    - That SBL38340 listing is about a ROKSO, known spam operator, and the
    block is over a 1000 IP addresses

    - SpamCop's notify for that spamsource is *not* postini.

    - If SC parses those headers for me and shows the correct source, but
    when parsing for you it breaks the parse Received line chain prematurely
    and names your provider, you have either mangled the headers on
    submission to the parser, or you are configured for a mailhosted account
    which mailhost has changed its header configuration, or something else
    to be discussed in spamcop, not here

    Mike Easter, Apr 9, 2006
  4. Lookout

    Lookout Guest

    My provider (CableOne) tells us to use SpamCop to track down spam
    thate gets through the spam filter which is provided by Postini.
    CableOne says that Postini is not the one who sent the spam.
    I didn't know there was such a newsgroup. Supernews doesn't carry it.
    Will ask them to add.
    Only happens on mail that gets thought the spam filter provide by
    Postini.

    Lookout, Apr 9, 2006