  1. Bruce Flyger

    Bruce Flyger Guest

    To download more cheese?

    Bruce Flyger, Aug 24, 2005

  2. Bruce Flyger

    ~misfit~ Guest

    And don't tell me it's to check if there's a newer version available as I've
    been running this version for quite a while, I *know* there's a newer
    version available. (I don't want it, it caused problems). However, I've only
    had Sygate installed on this machine for a day (The intellipoint software
    has been on for over a year) so one would think that it'a fairly regular
    occurance. It's never told me there's an update available before. So nix the
    checking for an update idea.

    So, Brett, Nathan, why does mouse software want to access the internet? This
    should be interesting...........

    ~misfit~, Aug 24, 2005

  3. Bruce Flyger

    Harry Guest

    You are best off to never run intellipoint at all.
    It causes more problems that it solves.
    You don't need it, your mouse will still work fine.

    Harry, Aug 24, 2005
  4. and if you do need a good piece of software for controlling extra
    functions of your mouse, Logitech Mouseware is friggen great.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Aug 24, 2005
  5. Bruce Flyger

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Ok, I had a Logitech mouse once upon a time, Three-button PS/2 with a serial
    converter for use with AT machines. LOL, I actually still have it. Cost me
    around $80. Still handy for the increasingly rare occasion when I need to
    test an AT machine. I may have to look for the Mouseware.

    The one and only reason I use Intellipoint is for it's "jump to default
    button" feature, very handy. Save's a lot of mouse-miles. However it's
    several MB and, now I know it want's to connect to the net (bearing in mind
    this is version 4.1, I got it with my first optical mouse, quite old now) I
    might look for something else. All I need is something that will do the
    "jump to default box" thing (and also allow me to adjust
    pointer/scroll-button sensitivity/speed would be nice). Oh, and free would
    be good. I use MS mice, just the simple two button and scroll wheel optical
    type, on all my machines. Nothing worse than going from one machine to
    another and having a different mouse.

    ~misfit~, Aug 24, 2005
  6. There is an MS power toy to turn this on for all mice... I hate it,
    thats why it stuck in my head... not sure of the name though.
    Mouseware covers these last two

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Aug 24, 2005
  7. If you refer to the logitech setpoint software then I must disagree.

    After installing this, my mouse speed kept slowing down each time I rebooted
    thus requiring me to manually increase the mouse speed via the control
    panel.

    I don't get why drivers these day are approaching many MB.

    news.xtra.co.nz, Aug 24, 2005
  8. nope, never heard of setpoint, I was talking about Mouseware.
    because "features" sell... and so companies bloat the software to throw
    more features into them... blame the consumer for being suckered into
    the cycle.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Aug 24, 2005
  9. The only thing I see going the other way is cell phones, with the
    "simply" range on Vodafone... voice, and text, thats all they do.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Aug 24, 2005
  10. Bruce Flyger

    Bret Guest

    It's built into XP, throw that mouse software away now!

    Bret, Aug 24, 2005
  11. Bruce Flyger

    ~misfit~ Guest

    It is? I have it in my menu in Control Panel - Mouse but it's the identical
    screen to the Intellipoint one so I figured it had integrated itself into
    control panel.

    I'll try uninstalling Intellipoint and see. Thanks.

    ~misfit~, Aug 25, 2005
  12. Bruce Flyger

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Thanks Dave.