    nervous logging in this way. Help!

    Thanks,

    Jeff

    JMI, Sep 25, 2006

  2. On Bank of America's login screen, I see the lock icon before entering
    any data. This obviously will depend on how each site is set up. Can you
    give a link to the login site. Obviously, I can't login, but I should
    be able to see the login page and whether the security icon is present.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Sep 25, 2006

  3. JMI

    JMI Guest

    JMI, Sep 25, 2006
  4. Nope, set up as http, not https, so no lock icon.

    I would think that as long as you get the icon once logged in there is
    no need for concern, but you can contact them for more information.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Sep 25, 2006
  5. JMI

    JMI Guest

    Thanks!

    Jeff

    JMI, Sep 25, 2006
  6. JMI

    Posco Guest

    There is a Secure Login button showing under the ID/password boxes. If
    you click this it takes you to a https website.

    Posco, Sep 25, 2006
  7. JMI

    Ralph Fox Guest

    This particular login is secure.

    Although the URL which the page is downloaded from is not secure,
    in this case the password is uploaded to a different, secure URL
    https://secure.regionsnet.com/EBanking/logon/user?a=defaultAffiliate

    So the next question is, how can you know this.
    A couple of ways

    1. If your browser is configured to do so, it will warn you
    and ask you to confirm before it uploads a password to an
    insecure URL.

    2. The other way is to browse through the page's source code
    where you will find this. The form's action= URL is an
    'https:' URL (http with security).

    If the action= did not specify a protocol, then it would
    have been the same as the original page -- insecure.

    Ralph Fox, Sep 26, 2006
  8. JMI

    JMI Guest

    Ok, I'm noticing it on different sites now too. When I go to purchase
    something, the lock icon is broken. What's going on? Anyone have a clue
    why it's working this way. I'm pretty sure it didn't always work this way
    in Firefox.

    Thanks,

    Jeff

    JMI, Sep 26, 2006
  9. JMI

    Moo Guest

    I'm just about to withdraw some funds from my betfair.com account and I
    have to enter my bank details in a new pop-up window. I notice that in
    FF the encryption method cannot be confirmed, there is no padlock and no
    details on if the site is secure.

    In IE, when logging in I get a warning that the site is not secure but
    when right clicking on the bank details pop-up, it confirms that it is
    128bit encrypted although there is still no padlock.

    Is FF secure?!

    Moo, Sep 29, 2006