Why do the microsoft books cover VB as well as VC#?

Discussion in 'MCSD' started by Dave Marden, Jan 29, 2004.

  1. Dave Marden

    Dave Marden Guest

    From what I understand, you can do either the VB track or the VC# track, is
    this correct? If so, why does microsoft sell books that are directed toward
    both instead of just the one?

    Dave Marden

    Dave Marden, Jan 29, 2004

  2. Dave Marden

    Éric Moreau Guest

    You can mix exam (ie Windows app in VB, Web app in C#) and it is still
    valid.

    Books often include VB and C# because there are many similarities.

    --

    HTH

    Éric Moreau, MCSD
    Conseiller Principal / Senior Consultant
    Concept S2i inc.(www.s2i.com)

    Éric Moreau, Jan 30, 2004

  3. Dave Marden

    Schfooge Guest

    VB and VC# are similar enough that it's not too much trouble to
    include examples of both in one book. However, if they were to
    produce two versions of one book, one to cover each language, it
    would cost more to produce and market.

    Also, there are more than a few people who want to learn both
    languages, and a combined book would appeal to this market.

    Schfooge, Jan 30, 2004
  4. Dave Marden

    Dave Marden Guest

    Thanks guys, just wanted to know. It just kind of
    seems to me that thier would be big enough differences
    that this would potentially confuse someone. From what I
    understand Visual C# is alot more powerful than Visual
    Basic, when it comes to the expandabitlity of the
    applications which are built.

    Dave Marden

    Dave Marden, Jan 30, 2004
  5. Dave Marden

    Guest Guest

    Visual Basic is not the same as VB.NET. Both C# and VB.NET share the same
    development evenironment (Visual Studio.NET), the framework and the same
    common language runtime. What does it mean to "expand" an application?

    Guest, Jan 30, 2004
  6. Dave Marden

    Dave Marden Guest

    I am refering to Visual Basic.net which is refered to as visual basic.net by
    microsoft themselves. As for what I am taking 'bout when I say expand, I
    think is multi tier, but I cant remember for sure. From what I read once,
    C# is supposed to replace Visual C++ later, because it has some
    functionality that Visual C++ doesn't have. With that being said, it seems
    that it must also be more powerful than C#.

    Dave Marden

    Dave Marden, Jan 31, 2004
  7. Dave Marden

    Crystal Guest

    You can write a multi-tiered application in any language. That's dependent
    on the architecture of the solution, not the implementation language.

    Crystal, Feb 2, 2004