Why do I always have to repair my network connection after rebooti

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Guest, Nov 28, 2004.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I am running a wireless network using a Belkin HSM router. I have two
    desktop computers each with Win XP PRO and a Link Station by Buffalo. The
    Link Station is hard wired to my router via ethernet. One of the PCs is hard
    wired to the router via ethernet. The other PC uses a wireless card. The
    "wireless" PC uses the Belkin Wireless Configuration Utility to automatically
    establish a network connection at system startup.

    The "wireless" PC connects to the network at startup with a "very good"
    signal strength; however, I have found that I always have to "repair" the
    connection every time I start this PC before I can access the internet or the
    network. When I say that I have to "repair" the connection, I mean that I
    right click on the "computer icon" in the taskbar and select repair.

    Does anyone know how I can remedy this problem? I do not experience this
    problem with the PC connected to the router via an ethernet connection.

    If it helps, the router is setup as DHCP.

    Any helpful hints would be much appreciated!

    Guest, Nov 28, 2004

  2. Guest

    Malke Guest

    What operating system is the "wireless" PC running? If it is XP, try
    letting Windows handle the wireless connection (instead of using the
    Belkin software) instead and see what happens. Or check on Belkin's
    site and see if there are any updates to their software.

    Malke

    Malke, Nov 28, 2004

  3. Guest

    Malke Guest

    Sorry for the double post - I just took another sip of coffee and it
    cleared my mind ;-). I see you said both computers are running XP. It
    doesn't change my previous advice, though.

    Malke

    Malke, Nov 28, 2004