Why didn't the Congress of the United States hold....

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Lars Eighner, Jun 17, 2009.

  1. Lars Eighner

    Lars Eighner Guest

    In our last episode,
    Because there is no question among sane people that Obama was born in the US
    and McCain was not.

    McCain's claim to "natural born" citizenship is based on statutes that have
    changed over the years, not on the Constitution. The question of McCain's
    eligibilty was raised by Karl Rove who wanted to damage McCain so McCain
    would not be a threat to Bush in Republican primaries. Few people really
    thought McCain was not qualified, but Rove wanted to plant the seeds of
    doubt.
    Among sane people there is no question Obama was born in Hawai'i. According
    to the Constitution, that makes him a "natural born" citizen.
    But of course he hasn't. A scan of the certificate has been placed on the
    web. Journalists have examined the actual paper. The US State Department
    has issued a passport based on its examination of the document, and the
    issuing authority has verified that it is genuine and in accord with the
    records of the State of Hawai'i.

    Lars Eighner, Jun 17, 2009

  2. .....hearings on Obama's eligibility when they did so on McCain's eligibility?

    Maybe the answer is this simple: Because there's no way Obama would have
    qualified.

    Please feel free to read on and foward this article in it's entirety to
    everyone in your email address book. Ask them to do the same. Let's get this
    question resolved before it's too late.

    Why Obama wants to hide birth certificate
    1:00 am Eastern

    © 2009

    Since I began my quixotic campaign to uncover Barack Obama's birth
    certificate, many have asked me about the president's possible motives for
    hiding it with such tenacity and diligence.

    I think there are many plausible motives:

    * Perhaps something in that birth certificate, if it indeed exists, would
    contradict assertions Obama has made about his life's story. These might even
    involve his true parental heritage. Without a real birth certificate, no one
    really knows who his parents were. So it is ridiculous even to speculate
    about whether citizenship could be conferred upon him by his mother, when we
    don't know for sure who his mother is.

    * Perhaps it reveals a foreign birth, as Hawaii allowed for in 1961 while
    still issuing the "certification of live birth" we have seen posted on his
    website.

    * Or perhaps it will show just what Obama has claimed all along – a birth
    in Hawaii to two officially non-citizen parents, for the purpose of
    establishing "natural born citizenship" under the Constitution.

    What do I mean by that last possibility?

    Well, as you know, in 2008, the Senate of the United States held hearings to
    determine if one of the presidential candidates fulfilled the requirement of
    being a "natural born citizen." It wasn't Barack Obama. It was John McCain,
    who was born on a U.S. military base overseas to two U.S. citizens.

    Start your own eligibility billboard campaign in your neighborhood with WND's
    new yard signs, asking: "Where's the Birth Certificate?"

    On April 10 of last year, two senators, both Democrats, Patrick Leahy of
    Vermont and Claire McCaskill of Missouri, introduced a resolution into upper
    house expressing a sense of the Senate that McCain was indeed a "natural born
    citizen."

    It's interesting what Leahy had to say on the subject: "Because he was born
    to American citizens (emphasis added), there is no doubt in my mind that
    Senator McCain is a natural born citizen. I expect that this will be a
    unanimous resolution of the U.S. Senate."

    And, indeed it was. It was also, interestingly, the only such hearing held by
    the Congress on the subject of "natural born citizenship" and its application
    to the 2008 presidential race. Why was that interesting? Because everyone
    involved in this process knew – or should have known – that the life story
    told by Barack Obama would raise far more doubts about his eligibility than
    McCain's.

    Notice Leahy did not say one parent citizen would qualify a child for
    "natural born citizenship." He indicted it would take two to tango.

    He did so again at a Judiciary Committee hearing April 3, when he asked then-
    Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff, a former federal judge, if he
    had any doubts about McCain's eligibility to serve as president.

    "My assumption and my understanding is that if you are born of American
    parents, you are naturally a natural-born American citizen," Chertoff
    responded – again underlining the fact that both parents would need to be
    citizens.

    And what did Leahy say to that? "That is mine, too."

    By the way, Obama voted for this resolution, so he obviously agrees with the
    definition of what constitutes a "natural born citizen" – the offspring of
    two U.S. citizens.

    Now, I don't know who Barack Obama's parents are, because I have never seen
    his birth certificate. All I've seen is a facsimile of a "certification of
    live birth" on the Internet. That document, even if genuine, proves nothing
    about Obama's birth in Hawaii or who his parents were. Hawaii had a very
    slipshod practice in 1961 of issuing these documents to babies born outside
    the country and listing parents who may not have been the parents at all.

    But I do know who Barack Obama claims his parents were. According to him,
    neither one of them was an American citizen able to confer natural born
    citizenship on a child. One, Barack Obama Sr., was a foreign national from
    Kenya, and the other, Stanley Ann Dunham, was too young to have qualified
    under the law for bestowing that privilege on her son, even if the father had
    been a citizen and even in the unlikely event Obama was actually born in
    Hawaii!

    So, if we are to take Obama at his word, he is not a natural born citizen and
    not eligible to serve as president.

    If he is to be judged by the same standard as his opponent in the race, there
    is no way he qualifies. That's what Leahy said. That's what Chertoff said.
    That's what the law says.

    A logical question naturally follows: Why didn't the Congress of the United
    States hold hearings on Obama's eligibility when they did so on McCain's
    eligibility?

    I'm still trying to figure that one out. Maybe the answer is this simple:
    Because there's no way Obama would have qualified.

    Another logical question follows: Why is this man still serving in the White
    House and turning the country upside down when he is not even
    constitutionally eligible?

    That's the heart and soul of the campaign I've been running.

    By the way, further establishing that it was impossible for Obama to have
    been a "natural born citizen" are some astonishing words found on his own
    campaign website. They indicate that Obama was "at birth" a citizen of Kenya
    and a subject of Great Britain. Why did the founders insist upon a "natural
    born citizen" clause in the Constitution? To avoid questions of divided
    loyalties. (Just scroll down the webpage and read the FactCheck.org excerpt
    to see this amazing admission for yourself.)

    So, again, I ask: Why doesn't Obama want to reveal his real birth
    certificate? Because he wants this discussion of eligibility to go away –
    once and for all. It is a vulnerability he cannot explain away. So he would
    rather not discuss it at all.

    But let me remind you all, in case you hadn't considered this: Obama plans to
    run for re-election in 2012. And that's why we can never, ever let this
    matter rest. www.wnd.com

    Dave U. Random, Jun 17, 2009

  3. Better get on board the Jungle-Fever-Train, you mentally-defective
    retard-O-matic, Fox-News-watching, Neo-Nazi-Blog-reading-&-writing,
    Ann-Coulter's-dick-sucking, Russkie-Limbaugf-drug-snorting poo-poo-hed.

    JiggaBamma's gonna get re-elected next time by an even bigger majority
    than that which bitch-slapped that insane-erratic old Desert-Dawg and
    his Flag-Wagging-Pom-Pom-Gurl with the whore daughters.

    Obama is barely in office and the world is already a better place!
    The ecoonomee is already improving and more blacks are actually working
    and enunciating in respectable English than ever before! Watch the
    24-hour news (other than the Fox Propganda/Rubert(Queer)Murdock channels
    for proof of exactly that.

    I voted for Obama, and I will again, and I will (as of now) vote for the
    Constitutional Amendment for him to run as many times as he can win!!

    I hope he gets elected the president of the whole new world order soon.
    And President and First Lady Obama can go on a reality-television date
    to all the countries in the world maybe once a week, so that way the
    Common-Street/Urban-Niggers can have a good and constructive example of
    how people are supposed to act in a civilized society.

    So there!

    --

    I AM Bucky Breeder,(*(^; ; and with my gov'ment subsidized converter box,
    I *AM* ready for the "digital age"! (Where's the darn remote clicker?)

    If your digital signal doesn't work in Canada, try smearing this on it:
    http://www.royalcf.com/images/mayonnaise230ml.jpg

    Bucky Breeder, Jun 17, 2009
  4. You use Earthlink and... and... and...
    Little Nikita or Dead Nikita?

    How scary can anyone be with a gurl's
    name like "Nikita"?

    Don't you see that it was *all* just a
    "conservative" trick to get you give
    all your tax monies to the military-
    industrial complexes until the Reganites
    got you to put it all in the Madoff-type
    accounts?

    Hey, *someone*'s in the closet drinkin'
    teh Kool Aid alright... And now the self-
    proclaimed "neo-conservatives" are trying
    to get you to drink from it...

    Unless you've got money on the table, then
    you are the "ignorant gullible fool" going
    "baa baa baa" all the way into obsolescence.

    Have a nice Ride!

    [Subliminal hint : "Soylent Green"]

    Bucky Breeder, Jun 17, 2009
  5. Lars Eighner

    Evan Platt Guest

    Well, it states a President must be a Natural Born Citizen. So, what
    better way to prove it than a birth certificate?
    Technically? No. But if stopped by the police for a valid reason, you
    better be prepared to prove who you are, and your visit with them will
    likely be longer without an ID.

    And if you drive, well, again, why were you driving without your
    license on you?

    You've just turned what likely would have been a 5 minute discussion
    into a 20 minute discussion.

    Your call.

    Evan Platt, Jun 17, 2009
  6. Lars Eighner

    Bert Hyman Guest

    In richard
    Wow. Almost everything in that paragraph is wrong.

    Since the first "Naturalization Act of 1790", Congress has held that
    children of US citizens are "natural born citizens", regardless of where
    in the world they might have been born.

    Bert Hyman, Jun 17, 2009
  7. Lars Eighner

    richard Guest

    And what of subsequent Acts since then?
    As there have been many and there were limitations on which countries
    were NOT eligible for such honoring.

    The whole point of the original Constitutional requirement was to
    prevent persons from foreign countries becoming President. The
    reasoning for the 14 year requirement was because that would mean a
    person would have had to have been "on the soil" for those years from
    at least 1776. That provision still holds true even today.

    As his mother was a full fledged "natural born citizen", and Barack
    having been born on US soil, that qualifies him in accordance with the
    US Constitution.

    richard, Jun 17, 2009
  8. Lars Eighner

    richard Guest

    Even that is not required by law.
    What proof of ID does a 2 year old child have?
    The only law that requires you to have any ID is that of driving a car
    while on the road. Even then, most states give you 24 hours to prove
    that you have a valid license.

    richard, Jun 17, 2009
  9. Lars Eighner

    Evan Platt Guest

    That's what I said, thanks.
    A birth certificate. Or a ID, possibly. Or passport.
    Again, basically what I said.

    A store was just robbed. Police have a description of the suspect. You
    match the description. You have an ID with you? 5 minute discussion
    with the police. No ID? 20 minute discussion.

    Easy choice. Carry your ID.

    Evan Platt, Jun 17, 2009
  10. Lars Eighner

    Anyolmouse Guest

    | As for McCain, he was born in Panama on US military base, but as I
    | recall, neither of his parents were military personnel. His father
    | worked for the railroad company that helped build the canal and for
    | that reason, an exemption was placed into law which covered births in
    | that country on those conditions.

    http://moritzlaw.osu.edu/electionlaw/litigation/documents/Hollander-Order-7-24-08.pdf

    McCains father was a US Navy Admiral stationed in Panama and McCain was
    born at the base hospital.
    More- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Native-born_citizen

    --
    But a Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be
    restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever.
    John Adams, letter to Abigail Adams, July 17, 1775

    Anyolmouse

    Anyolmouse, Jun 17, 2009