  1. Derek.Hinly

    Derek.Hinly Guest

    The navigation bar is now located in the top left-hand corner?

    #1. I liked the previous location better - just above the search box.
    The new location is inconvinient. You'd have to take your cursor all
    the way to the top, then come back all the way to the middle of the
    search box. The timing is inconvinient.

    #2. Just to get a glance of the navigation bar, you'd have to roll
    your eyes all the way to the top, then come back to the search box.

    Each time the search transactions are being performed (that's billions
    of search transactions per day), that's taking your and my time away.

    Derek.Hinly, May 17, 2007

  2. Derek.Hinly

    Fred Guest

    Use another service and stop bitchin'.

    Fred, May 17, 2007

  3. Derek.Hinly

    john sumner Guest

    Oh poor baby, why don't you get a real news reader, so you don't have to
    complain about this

    john sumner, May 17, 2007
  4. Derek.Hinly

    Whiskers Guest

    What "navigation bar"?
    Take it up with Google. This isn't Google.

    Whiskers, May 17, 2007
  5. Derek.Hinly

    Pennywise Guest

    I agree. But what I miss the most is www.Froogle.com

    I used it a lot just to see what things looked like, no more.

    Pennywise, May 18, 2007
  6. Derek.Hinly

    Frosty Guest

    Frosty, May 18, 2007
  7. Derek.Hinly

    Pennywise Guest

    Pennywise, May 18, 2007
  8. Derek.Hinly

    Vanguard Guest

    Because it is THEIR service, THEIR resources, and THEIR money for which
    you have paid NOTHING. Of course, you could become an advertiser there
    and maybe that might give you some leverage but then your concerns would
    be how to best get your spam in our face instead of how to define a
    better UI for users.

    Vanguard, May 18, 2007
  9. Derek.Hinly

    Pennywise Guest

    Pennywise, May 18, 2007
  10. Derek.Hinly

    Marc Guest

    It's human nature to change that which works fine. It gives people a false
    sense of purpose and a continuing paycheck.

    Marc, May 19, 2007
  11. wrote in

    To make more money and sell more ads/links/preferences?
    It's like the internet/usenet community made them from
    nothing at all, and now they're just another head on
    Mammon, The Beast. LOL! Bend over and spread 'em!

    Ohhhhhhhh, and that's not all...

    Google has long tracked your histories ostensibly under the
    guize of "customize user experience".

    When I'm shopping for something, like price comparisons, I go
    back and clear the TIFs and temp files [Window Washer] then

    www.ask.com has come into play (simple, no frills interface,
    easy to load homepage, etc.; but they're going the way of
    the Googlemunster *very quickly*.

    Hmmm, but I bought stock in Google at their IPO, so it
    really doesn't stick in my craw that much. I told everybody
    in October of 2001 to buy all the oil they could their hands
    on as well. No one listens; no one cares... )-,,:

    Yippie Kie Yay and have a nice day!

    Bucky Breeder, May 19, 2007
  12. Derek.Hinly

    joels341 Guest

    I found a way to get around google's new interface.
    Set this as your homepage, or set this as your new bookmark to google.
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=+&btnG=Google+Search

    joels341, May 19, 2007
  13. Derek.Hinly

    Art Guest

    They did it so you'd burn an extra calorie every time you used Google.
    They're trying to help your fat ass.

    Art, May 24, 2007