    BBC Domesday Project with multimedia from only 1986.

    http://www.atsf.co.uk/dottext/domesday.html

    Finding a still surviving videodisc player was only half the problem.

    Martin Brown, Jan 27, 2014

  2. Dale

    Martin Brown Guest

    Yes you could by showing that the other colour spaces gamut could be
    represented as a subset of the NTSC colour space. I am not convinced the
    claim is true about NTSC though it was for a while a de facto colour
    space standard in practice.

    The fact is though that CIE 1931 predates all of the modern device
    independent colour spaces in trying to encode human colour perception.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIE_1931_color_space

    And it was obviously available when NTSC 1953 was defined. The RGB
    phosphors were in fact specified by their position on CIE 1931.

    Martin Brown, Jan 28, 2014