    I get an error when I try to start a virtual machine. It states that I cannot
    start the virtual machine because hypervisor is not running. Has anyone had
    this error?

    J. Phillips, Aug 8, 2008

  2. are u runnung 2008 64bit edition

    G.R Smith. CCNA | MCP | MCTSx1 | A+ | N+, Aug 11, 2008

  3. J. Phillips

    J. Phillips Guest

    Yes, I am running Windows Server 2008 Datacenter 64 bit.
    I have resolved this issue. There were a few things I had to enable in the
    bios for this to work.
    I enabled virtualization technology and the no execute memory protection in
    the bios and it started working fine. (HP Proliant DL 380 G5)

    Thanks for the prompt response though.

    J.Phillips MCP, MCSA

    J. Phillips, Aug 11, 2008