Why can't I get WPA to work with linksys router and linksys/WinXP client?

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Colin, Jun 14, 2005.

  1. Colin

    Colin Guest

    The connection works without encryption. Once WPA-PSK is turn on the client and
    the router connect, exchange data(seems to be attempting to authenticate) and
    then fails.

    It seems to be the 802.1x part I haven't setup correctly. What is the process
    for WPA? Has my approach must be too simplistic(see below) and I missed a step.

    1) Linksys Router befw11s4 v4 upgrade to the latest firmware (152.02), WPA-PSK
    enable, TKIP enabled, shared key type in, 3600 for group key renewal.
    2) Winxp upgrade for WPA supplicant. WPA_PSK selected from wireless network
    properties. Same shared-key typed in to wireless network properties.
    3) Linksys WUSB11 v2.8 (driver 4.10.0.430), besides upgraded the driver, made no
    settings changes.

    Any ideas on how to fix this would be appreciated.

    Colin

    Colin, Jun 14, 2005