Why can't I EXPLORE an image using Acronis True Image ver. 8?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by tim@moon.net, Feb 9, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Every time I try to explore an image, I get the message, "cannot assign
    a drive letter to a partition from the image archive."

    I'm using XP Pro w/FAT 32 (SP2 with all the current updates)

    The images I'm trying to explore are not in a Secure Zone. They are on
    a couple of outboard drives.

    In the window to select the image to be explored there is a FAT 32 & a
    FAT 16 partition shown.

    I have tried assigning drive letters to each partition and it doesn't
    work.

    I have tried assigning a drive letter to only a single partition and it
    doesn't work.

    I have been able to do this in the past, but I always had a problem
    doing it. It was never as simple as the HELP section makes it seem.

    Also, does anyone know of a simpler program to back up an entire C:
    drive?

    One like the old Drive Image for FAT 16 drives?

    That program didn't have all the fancy frills, but it was so simple a
    5-year-old could do it, and it worked flawlessly every time. All these
    bells and whistles in these new backups like Acronis TI are just too
    complicated.

    Thank you.

    , Feb 9, 2007

  2. Otter Guest

    In news:,
    <> typed:

    Seen this? - http://selfimage.excelcia.org/ .

    Otter, Feb 10, 2007

  3. Maximum Hag Guest

    Re: I AM WAITING FOR THAT *HAG* OF YOURS MAX HAG HOUND. I GOT MYSUSPICIONS ABOUT THAT HAG AND YOU, YOU HAG.

    <plank>

    Maximum Hag, Feb 10, 2007
  4. Clogwog Guest

    Maximum Hag wrote:
    > Utter wrote:
    >
    > <plank> <BITCHSLAP @ BUHane tard>

    *PLOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINK*

    Clogwog, Feb 10, 2007
  5. Maximum Hag Guest

    Re: For a *Clogged* Tolit Bowl use..........

    Use DrainClogHagHo wrote:

    <snipped>

    nothing worth reading

    <hag>

    Maximum Hag, Feb 10, 2007
  6. Clogwog Guest

    Clogwog, Feb 11, 2007
  7. Re: For a *Maximum *Hog* *Ho* Tolit Bowl use..........

    ronald ullman, Feb 11, 2007
  8. Re: For a *Maximum *Hog* *Ho* Tolit Bowl use..........

    ronald ullman, Feb 11, 2007
  9. Maximum Hag Guest

    Maximum Hag, Feb 11, 2007
  10. Dr. Bill Guest

    Dr. Bill, Feb 11, 2007
  11. Maximum Hag Guest

    Re: For you, it's an auto *plank* really not even worth a read ---period.

    <plank>

    Maximum Hag, Feb 11, 2007