Why can't I EXPLORE an image using Acronis True Image ver. 8?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by tim, Feb 9, 2007.

  1. tim

    tim Guest

    Every time I try to explore an image, I get the message, "cannot assign
    a drive letter to a partition from the image archive."

    I'm using XP Pro w/FAT 32 (SP2 with all the current updates)

    The images I'm trying to explore are not in a Secure Zone. They are on
    a couple of outboard drives.

    In the window to select the image to be explored there is a FAT 32 & a
    FAT 16 partition shown.

    I have tried assigning drive letters to each partition and it doesn't
    work.

    I have tried assigning a drive letter to only a single partition and it
    doesn't work.

    I have been able to do this in the past, but I always had a problem
    doing it. It was never as simple as the HELP section makes it seem.

    Also, does anyone know of a simpler program to back up an entire C:
    drive?

    One like the old Drive Image for FAT 16 drives?

    That program didn't have all the fancy frills, but it was so simple a
    5-year-old could do it, and it worked flawlessly every time. All these
    bells and whistles in these new backups like Acronis TI are just too
    complicated.

    Thank you.

    tim, Feb 9, 2007

  2. tim