Why aren't WinZip's e-mail features working for me?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Hodge, Nov 4, 2003.

  1. Hodge

    Hodge Guest

    Right click on a file and Winzip Zip and Email function not working.
    It gives a display saying zipping file but does nothing else and when
    finished there is no sign of the file anywhere. It used to open up OE new
    mail and show the file as an attachment.

    Winzip help says:

    If you are using Outlook or Outlook Express as your e-mail program
    You can set Outlook or Outlook Express as your default e-mail program by
    using Microsoft Internet Explorer:
    Run Microsoft Internet Explorer.
    Choose Properties or Internet Properties, and click the Programs tab.
    Choose the desired e-mail program from the drop-down list labelled E-mail or
    Mail (depending on your version of Internet Explorer).
    Click OK to save your changes.

    But I get nothing in the drop down list labelled Email.

    I've re-installed Wizip but problem remains.

    Any ideas anyone?

    Thanks in advance.

    Hodge

    Hodge, Nov 4, 2003

  2. Hodge

    Andy Guest

    Perhaps your anti virus software will not allow you to open attachments.
    Check your antivirus' options and unlock blocking attachments.

    Andy, Nov 4, 2003

  3. Hodge

    Hodge Guest

    Thanks for the suggestion. I tried it with NAV disabled but problem
    remains.

    Hodge

    Hodge, Nov 4, 2003