    Are secular countries so because everyone has access to basics like
    universal health care?

    Looking forward to some assistance with my quest for knowledge.

    Caulfield Man, Oct 2, 2009

  2. Caulfield Man

    floffy Guest

    The education, poeple search for securiter / self confidence
    many of them are sheep,

    self-confidence , stable personaliter = no religion

    floffy, Oct 2, 2009

  3. Caulfield Man

    Clot Guest

    I think I understand what you trying to say!

    Clot, Oct 2, 2009
  4. That can't be right.

    The average US citizen believes in creation

    The average Australian thinks creation is a crock.

    So it's not people, its countries.

    Caulfield Man, Oct 2, 2009
  5. Caulfield Man

    Clot Guest

    Iran puzzles me a little. Not a stable society.
    USA- see below.
    Afghanistan - highly unstable for centuries, stuffed full of poor and
    ignorant folk that can be influenced by religious zealots.
    Well educated folk with stable societies that reject religious mumbo jumbo?

    Even the population of Italy is stable or falling - not due to emigration
    but educated, sticking two fingers to Catholicism and reducing sizes of
    family.
    Immigration reasons could be an issue. Many immigrants to the US went for
    religious reasons. The early settlers left the UK for religious reasons.
    Many European Jews went to the US. Many Italians of limited education went
    to the US.

    Early folk in Australia were penal folk from the UK not known to be
    religious. Many later immigrants went for financial reasons.
    Stabilty of society, wealth and education seem to me to be reasons why some
    countries are becoming more secular.

    Africa has many countries where folk unfortunately have limited education
    and wealth, (apart from their leaders). Their societies are unstable and
    much strife can be seen to have a religious influence.

    S America - a similar situation. Also, heavily populated with folk of
    European origin brought up in a Catholic faith.
    Universal health care? Do you mean that or good universal health care?

    Clot, Oct 2, 2009
  6. I mean accessible, affordable good quality universal. France's for example.

    Caulfield Man, Oct 2, 2009
  7. Caulfield Man, Oct 2, 2009
  8. Caulfield Man

    Clot Guest

    Thanks, I've not checked which side of The Pond you are from. If in the US,
    I understand the universal health aspect at present.

    Access to good health care is a consequence of wealth which is a consequence
    of education and its application.

    A point I did not mention earlier, which I should have, is the influx of
    Muslim folk to Europe. There are flare ups in Holland, UK and France as a
    result. Most are ill educated and will not "when in Rome, do what the Romans
    do".

    Clot, Oct 2, 2009
  9. Caulfield Man

    Mike Yetto Guest

    You misspelled "boisterous" as "average".
    Now you misspelled "Caulfield Man".
    It's not countries, it's sub-cultures.

    Mike "don't know the nature of god, don't believe you do" Yetto

    Mike Yetto, Oct 2, 2009
  10. Caulfield Man

    floffy Guest

    You understand just words
    not the meaning
    continu to read

    million years before you
    million years after you
    just conciencenous now WHY !
    think about it

    floffy, Oct 2, 2009
  11. Caulfield Man

    Clot Guest

    :)

    Clot, Oct 3, 2009
  12. Caulfield Man

    Falco Guest

    That's why they are always fighting - they're trying to prove who has the
    'biggest god'.
    They are far wiser than the others ever will be.
    The US was 'invaded' by the religious nuts around 200 years or so ago, and
    the UK sent all their criminals to Australia around a 150 years ago and they
    had sense not to take religion with them!
    No, just pure greed.
    Nope, they just learnt the hard way that religion causes more f*****g
    trouble than it' worth.
    You won't get a lot of that here!

    Falco, Oct 3, 2009
  13. Caulfield Man

    Falco Guest

    Well you certainly didn't/don't believe in evolution - and you country has
    even put people on trial for advancing of Darwin's Theory of Evolution!

    Besides, "stupidity" is the trademark of the Yanks!

    Falco, Oct 3, 2009
  14. Caulfield Man

    NotMe Guest

    : philo wrote:
    : > : >> philo wrote:
    : >>> : >>>> floffy wrote:
    : >>>>> On Sat, 03 Oct 2009 07:47:54 +1000, Caulfield Man
    : >>>>>
    : >>>>>> I am troubled by a matter I can't easily answer.
    : >>>>>>
    : >>>>>> Some countries - examples Iran, United States, Afganistan, are
    : >>>>>> deeply religious.
    : >>>>>>
    : >>>>>> Some countries - examples Australia, United Kingdom, France, New
    : >>>>>> Zealand are increasingly secular
    : >>>>>>
    : >>>>>> The US and Australia are largely immigrant societies so the
    : >>>>>> impact of immigation is not relevant.
    : >>>>>>
    : >>>>>> Are religious countries impacted by the style of media? Huge
    : >>>>>> disparities between rich and poor? Few if any safety nets for the
    : >>>>>> underclass?
    : >>>>>>
    : >>>>>> Are secular countries so because everyone has access to basics
    : >>>>>> like universal health care?
    : >>>>>>
    : >>>>>> Looking forward to some assistance with my quest for knowledge.
    : >>>>>>
    : >>>>>>
    : >>>>>>
    : >>>>> The education, poeple search for securiter / self confidence
    : >>>>> many of them are sheep,
    : >>>>>
    : >>>>> self-confidence , stable personaliter = no religion
    : >>>> I think I understand what you trying to say!
    : >>>>
    : >>>
    : >>>
    : >>> Countries have no religion
    : >>>
    : >>> people do
    : >> That can't be right.
    : >>
    : >> The average US citizen believes in creation
    : >
    : > As a US citizen I have not noticed too many that are that stupid...
    : > but who knows
    :
    :
    : Well you certainly didn't/don't believe in evolution - and you country has
    : even put people on trial for advancing of Darwin's Theory of Evolution!
    :
    : Besides, "stupidity" is the trademark of the Yanks!

    The Scopes Monkey Trial was all about CASH and it worked.

    Those that push teaching creationism are also about CASH.

    If more than a few someone's were not making money on the game it would not
    be an issue.

    Now here's a very good example that Ron White
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0811045/quotes was right 'You can't fix stupid"

    Guess what? Louisiana needs to quit graduating educated people and
    concentrate on producing more stupid ones because that's the only kind
    of jobs available here.

    That's the pronouncement by Bobby Jindal's labor guy yesterday. See:
    http://www.nola.com/politics/index.ssf/2009/09/four-year_degrees_overemphasiz.html

    Eysink is Jindal's man who is tasked with to killing funding for
    Louisiana's colleges. While support for community colleges is needed as
    well, it should not come at the expense of 4-year colleges. Not so, says
    Eysink, we got too many uppity folks with fancy edeecations and who
    needs that?

    While the logical response to the issue is to create more employment for
    college graduates and thereby increase the quality and quantity of good
    paying jobs , Jindal's answer is to just create more less educated people.

    Incidently, Eysink has no experience in education or labor. Previously,
    he was a PR man for Jindal, and a newspaper man before that.

    An excerpt is below.

    Four-year degrees overemphasized in Louisiana, official says

    Louisiana has a "surplus" of college graduates getting traditional
    four-year degrees and needs to steer more people into community and
    technical college programs to meet future job demand, the state's top
    labor official said Monday.

    Curt Eysink, executive director of the Louisiana Workforce Commission,
    cited occupational forecasts that show the state will produce 10,312
    more four-year graduates than there are jobs to fill between 2008 and
    2016, while at the same time there are 3,892 more jobs available
    requiring associates' or technical degrees than there are people to fill
    them.

    "We're producing a workforce that we cannot employ in Louisiana,
    " Eysink told the Louisiana Postsecondary Education Review Commission,
    which is looking for ways to overhaul the state's higher education system...

    NotMe, Oct 3, 2009
  15. Caulfield Man

    NormanM Guest

    Not likely.
    Not likely.
    Not likely.
    Not likely.
    Both Australia and the United States of America stem from the same source:
    The United Kingdom. Actually, Canada and New Zealand, as well. So the
    question really is, how did the U.K., and all of her progeny but the United
    States of America turn out so secular?

    I suspect that the answer lies in the fact that, of all the British
    Colonies, only those which became the United States of America did rise up
    in rebellion against the King. The rest seem to believe that government can
    be trusted to do for them. The USAians seem to believe that the government
    is not to be trusted. So, if you don't trust in your government, then whom
    do you trust in?

    NormanM, Oct 3, 2009
  16. Caulfield Man

    sandy58 Guest

    "That's why they are always fighting - they're trying to prove who has
    the
    'biggest god'. "
    That's about the best way to describe it, Falco. :) "Nail on head"
    comes to mind.

    sandy58, Oct 3, 2009
  17. That is an interesting theory but that doesn't explain France, very
    secular and very republican (and very Non-English!)

    Caulfield Man, Oct 3, 2009
  18. Caulfield Man

    joevan Guest

    Are you talking about religion or fanatical followers?
    If religion than there are not many in this world.

    joevan, Oct 5, 2009
  19. Caulfield Man

    Pennywise Guest

    The Scopes Monkey Trial:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scopes_Trial

    Both wrong, there was no money made (by the lawyers), as far as I know
    the lawyers charged nothing for their time. It wasn't exactly about
    "Darwin's Theory of Evolution", it was a test of "Butler Act"
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butler_Act

    "which made it unlawful, in any state-funded educational establishment
    in Tennessee, "to teach any theory that denies the story of the Divine
    Creation of man as taught in the Bible, and to teach instead that man
    has descended from a lower order of animals."

    "The law was challenged by the ACLU in the famed Scopes Trial, in
    which John Scopes, a high school sports coach who occasionally acted
    as a substitute teacher, agreed to be arrested on a charge of having
    taught evolution"
    Can't disagree here, every evening I go to church <grin> just down the
    road. It's an in an enclosure area with the large church, a road
    behind it then the largest manicured lawn I've come across besides a
    park. (rectangular and of course enclosed)

    It's where I take my dog every evening, I throw a frisbee (Disk golf
    practice) and the dog hauls A$$ after it (doesn't retrieve it), I get
    practice, the dog gets his exercise, and we have had the entire area
    to ourselves's, it works out very well.

    But I've watched the money flow to whom I'm assuming is the preacher,
    who lives in a really nice house across the street, and has all the
    latest toys.
    My Mom, is paying on that stairway to heaven, she's very generous to
    her church.
    The http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page does try to help.

    You can use this site to look up the "god gene"

    Pennywise, Oct 7, 2009
  20. Caulfield Man

    NotMe Guest

    :
    : >:
    : >: Besides, "stupidity" is the trademark of the Yanks!
    :
    : >The Scopes Monkey Trial was all about CASH and it worked.
    :
    : The Scopes Monkey Trial:
    : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scopes_Trial
    :
    : Both wrong, there was no money made (by the lawyers), as far as I know
    : the lawyers charged nothing for their time. It wasn't exactly about
    : "Darwin's Theory of Evolution", it was a test of "Butler Act"
    : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butler_Act

    Money was made by the town merchants, the junk sellers, the hotels, etc. in
    much the same way a small town profits from a Civil War Reenactment.

    See http://www.battleofbluesprings.com/ Mosheim, TN for one very good
    example.

    I would wager few over the age of 9 believe in Santa but some folk make good
    money from the ruse http://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/crs/1364970127.html

    NotMe, Oct 8, 2009