why are my posts not showing up in the newsgroups but are still getting answered?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Hugh Sutherland, Apr 11, 2004.

  1. why are my posts not showing up in the newsgroups but are still getting
    answered?

    Hugh Sutherland, Apr 11, 2004

  2. It could be that your postings are showing up elsewhere before they do
    on your local server. At the moment anything I post via Claranews is
    taking 30 minutes to 1 hour to show up on the Claranews server but
    they show up in 2-5 minutes on the Adelphia news server. Doesn't
    really seem to make any sense but there you go.....................

    Shane Matthews, Apr 11, 2004

  3. Hugh Sutherland

    Hamman Guest

    like me, you have a crap news server

    hamman

    Hamman, Apr 11, 2004
  4. Hugh Sutherland

    Hywel Guest

    Are all of your posts failing to be served to you? It's not unusual for
    a news server to fail to return some of your own posts to you, or others
    on your network. It would be strange if it was failing to serve any of
    your posts to you, however.

    Google Groups shows several posts from you, the most recent being one
    about a screensaver (9 April) and on for internet properties (1 April).
    Should there be any others?

    Hywel, Apr 11, 2004
  5. Because your posts are showing up in the newsgroups.

    Blinky the Shark, Apr 11, 2004
  6. Hugh Sutherland

    MJP Guest

    You have killfiled yourself !!!!!

    MJP, Apr 11, 2004
  7. So change it. What -- do they have photos of you naked with a fat
    chick, that they'll publish if you get a good one?

    Staying with a sucky server is like sitting on your own balls, crying
    because it hurts.

    Blinky the Shark, Apr 11, 2004
  8. Hugh Sutherland

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Sound like something I'D try <g>

    Toolman Tim, Apr 11, 2004
  9. Hugh Sutherland

    Boomer Guest

    You want just text or text and binaries?

    Read through these groups.
    alt.binaries.news-server-comparison I like Octanews for binaries.
    And alt.free.newsservers

    http://individual.net/ is free if all you want is a text server.
    Read http://news.individual.net/faq.html

    Boomer, Apr 11, 2004
  10. Hugh Sutherland

    Stickems Guest

    Tools/Options/Read remove the tick from the box under News, marked get.

    Stickems, Apr 12, 2004
  11. Hugh Sutherland

    Bigbazza Guest

    This happened to me recently and I found out that I had 'accidentally' put
    myself on 'Block Sender'...I don't know why this happened...but it
    did....unblock yourself on your 'Blocked' list...

    Bigbazza

    Bigbazza, Apr 13, 2004