    Coz I have been editing them but what I see on the screen isn't the true
    colours of the pic

    Regards

    Matroy, Jan 24, 2005

  2. Matroy

    paul Guest

    You need to get a 'spider' device that reads the screen to calibrate the
    monitor properly. It needs to be re-done periodically as the monitor ages.

    paul, Jan 24, 2005

  3. Matroy

    MitchAlsup Guest

    Google Normal Koren and read up on his site about calibraing your
    monitor(s).

    MitchAlsup, Jan 24, 2005
  4. The Mac uses gamma 1.8 and the PC uses gamma 2.2.

    Gamma 2.2 is used by sRGB which your camera outputs.
    Your PC (if correctly callibrated) is more true
    according to what your camera outputs.

    /Roland

    Roland Karlsson, Jan 24, 2005
  5. Matroy

    Marvin Guest

    You can spend a lot of money on a spider to calibrate your monitor, or you can adjust the monitor's controls to make the
    image brighter. My Samsung monitor came with excellent software for making adjustments. If you have adjustment software for
    your mpnitor, I suggest you start be setting the gamma to 1. Then set the brightness to what you like.

    Marvin, Jan 24, 2005
  6. You can calibrate your monitor at this site.

    http://www.jasc.com/support/kb/articles/monitor.asp

    Gautam Majumdar, Jan 25, 2005