    avoid it ? (i want to send some images to a friend but not like to see them
    so saturated if he use Acdsee to see the photos)

    sorry my bad english and regards..

    PIN2, Jan 18, 2004

  2. PIN2

    Trev Guest

    One of the application has the wrong gamma. If its only him complaining
    then its his computer display. Unless you have been playing with adobe
    gamma and mucked it up.

    Trev, Jan 18, 2004

  3. PIN2

    Flycaster Guest

    Your english is OK. The problem is Photoshop uses color managment, and
    ACDsee does not, at least not in the versions I'm familiar with. Work on
    your files in Photoshop, get them the way you want, and then convert them to
    sRGB before sending them to your friend. You can't control your friend's
    monitor and how it is calibrated, but sending him files that have been
    converted to sRGB will give you the best chance that he will see what you
    want him to see.

    The colors will still look a little different in ACDsee, but converting it
    to sRGB should take care of most of the problem (the difference being that
    your monitor is calibrated and profiled, but ACDsee can't use the profile
    whereas Photoshop can - and who knows about his monitor, right?)

    Flycaster, Jan 21, 2004