Why 2 browsers?

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Indigo Moon Man, Oct 5, 2003.

  1. Why is Mozilla developing 2 browers? Is everything going to eventually be
    Firebird? Should I have both browsers? Thanks!

    Indigo Moon Man, Oct 5, 2003

  2. Indigo Moon Man

    Hellmark Guest

    Indigo Moon Man's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through
    his body were:
    The original plan was to have Firebird replace Seamonkey. No, you don't
    need both

    Hellmark, Oct 5, 2003

  3. Indigo Moon Man

    Keith Bowes Guest

    Yes. <URL:http://www.mozilla.org/roadmap.html#a-new-roadmap>. But with
    the fanbase of the suite (myself included), it won't be going away
    anytime soon.
    You should try both and see which you like more. The majority of the
    developer's seem to like Firebird better (though it's hard to say if
    that's due to product superiority or coding simplicity), but many users
    like the venerable suite-based Mozilla better.

    Keith Bowes, Oct 5, 2003