  1. bill

    bill Guest

    I am.

    bill, Jul 13, 2004

  2. bill

    Nimrod Guest

    Why?

    And what is your new choice?

    Nimrod, Jul 13, 2004

  3. bill

    Geoff Guest

    mmm if you are posting in here that says to me you havn't even started yet
    :)

    Geoff, Jul 13, 2004
  4. bill

    billybronco Guest

    Im not a-plus certified although I have a degree in computer science and
    worked for 3 years as an IT administrator. I was unfortunately made
    redundant from that job.

    That was 2 years ago and I haven't managed to secure an IT job since. The IT
    job market has been drying up for the past 3 years, and there seems to be
    13200 applicants for any and every IT vacancy, so they get to choose the
    best of the best, plus it seems that a lot of IT jobs nowadays are paying
    you utter shit for what they are asking from you. I saw one vacancy the
    other day that made me chuckle, "2 years + solid server exp. supporting
    2000+ users, MCSE essential" and paying £15K, I was about to phone the dude
    up and ask him if the applicant would be expected to suck his cock clean
    every morning too.

    Im currently working in an office doing mundane tasks for £5 per hour
    (wow!). The way the IT job market is, I dont think Ill be going back into it
    anytime soon. I am currently doing an evening course in plumbing, and once
    qualified I am going to do that full time. May seem strange to go from IT to
    plumbing, but it pays the bills, and it pays well.

    My advice to anyone thinking of embarking on an IT career is dont. Do
    anything EXCEPT I.T.

    billybronco, Jul 13, 2004
  5. bill

    Nimrod Guest

    Where in the country do you live?

    Nimrod, Jul 13, 2004
  6. You don't seem to have a good understanding of this newsgroup. There
    are many professionals who post and possibly lurk here. Unless things
    have changed, that is. :)

    Tom

    Tom MacIntyre, Jul 13, 2004
  7. quitter

    Fred Mathering, Jul 14, 2004
  8. time to get out of the UK

    Fred Mathering, Jul 14, 2004
  9. Maybe he's a "moving on-er". :)

    Tom

    Tom MacIntyre, Jul 14, 2004
  10. bill

    Gary Guest

    I'm in it for the long haul......I think pretty soon there going to
    name me chief network architect.

    Gary

    Gary, Jul 15, 2004