    should allow Parallels to have a bit more RAM and thus run XP in a
    virtual Machine somewhat faster.

    All in all, thus far and damned nice piece of kit!

    whoisthis, Apr 26, 2006

  2. as good as my t43?

    news.xtra.co.nz, Apr 26, 2006

  3. whoisthis

    whoisthis Guest

    No idea, I am a Mac person and only use windoze for doing CAD work.

    However the benchmark results I saw showed that when it was booted
    directly into XP it was overall the fastest laptop for running Photoshop.

    I will see tomorrow how much the extra ram will help with the virtual
    machine. (The CAD software I use wants 512Mb+)

    whoisthis, Apr 26, 2006

  4. i upgraded from my dell 8100 notebook, to the ibm t43 and the performance
    increase was good. You always notice a 'snappiness' in the new machines
    interface.

    Although, I may replace the 5400rpm drive with a 7200.

    news.xtra.co.nz, Apr 26, 2006