    archives of domain registration information? If so, where can I find
    it?

    Any help would be greatly appreciated!

    David Yarborough, May 18, 2007

  2. David Yarborough

    Chris Hope Guest

    You could try this: http://domain-history.domaintools.com/

    I don't know an expired domain that had an active website off the top of
    my head to try it out on, so it would be useful to let us know how you
    get on.

    Chris Hope, May 18, 2007

  3. David Yarborough

    Rob S Guest

    I was going to suggest xtramsn.co.nz, but there's a page up offering
    links to msn.co.nz and yahooxtra.co.nz. (1)

    Other dead sites that I have gone to in the recent past have been
    grabbed by some domain parking outfit and have a landing page with a few
    link-ads, a search box and 4 sale info, though I can't think of one offhand.

    (1) I originally mis-spelt it with a p after the h, should have left it.
    --

    Rob

    End User (V): An act the Customer Support Staff wishes to carry out.
    (Known variant is "Disastrously End User" depending upon the magnitude
    of the stupidity.) - Anis Shiekh

    Rob S, May 18, 2007
  4. David Yarborough

    k Guest

    "What is Domain History?

    Domain Tools has been tracking the whois history of millions of domains
    since 2000. Domain History gives you access to our massive database of
    historical whois records.

    Supported TLDs are .com, .net, .org, .biz, .us, and .info. "

    Thats right there staring at you on the page mentioned above :)

    ..co.nz is history I suppose... maybe you could get in touch with the
    domain name commissioner and ask if they could assist at all?
    http://www.dnc.net.nz/

    It's a bit of a long shot however it seems like it's your last bastion
    of hope.

    k, May 18, 2007
  5. David Yarborough

    Chris Hope Guest

    You can try the Internet Archive if you want to view an old version of a
    site: http://www.archive.org

    Chris Hope, May 18, 2007
  6. David Yarborough

    k Guest

    Unless of course you're not even looking for an NZ domain ;)

    k, May 18, 2007