    if it is different of course) Also, we can change this info except for
    first/last name at any time right? Is it possible to use a company name or
    fake name? I don't want to use my real name.

    JD, Jul 7, 2004

  2. JD

    Owdio Guest

    Yes and no.
    Personal sign up info such as credit cards etc are private between you and
    the host you pay.
    There are 3 things that show in a WHOIS, Registrant (you), Administrative
    (you again), and Technical (your host)
    After signing up, just remember; A computer is only as smart as you tell it
    to be and believes the changes you give it in those 3 catagories.
    IE: your home address could be 1 Happy Lane and phone # could be 000 111
    1111 and that's what will show in a WHOIS lookup.
    It's cheaper than paying your host to hide it.

    Owdio, Jul 7, 2004

  3. JD

    Plato Guest

    That's an "it depends" question. You're going to have to do some
    research. For example, some registrars charge an extra fee for added
    privacy. Some will gladly sell your email address to anybody with a few
    bucks.
    No, not in theory, the registrar generally controls what you see in most
    "whois" lookups.

    Plato, Jul 8, 2004