    BT. I knew it in the web:

    http://www.btbroadbandvoice.com

    Best regards: R.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Ram=F3n?=, Jan 14, 2005

  2. I do not know a whole lot about bt. I researched some services before I
    decided on Sunrocket. And since then, I have not looked back. Right
    now, my service offers the lowest cost per month out of any provider.
    Compared to my old service, I am saving about $30 a month... here is
    the website if you are interested: http://sunrocket.com/

    masonboro_island, Jan 14, 2005

  3. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Ram=F3n?=

    Martin² Guest

    BT VoIP is a rip off (no surprise there). You pay a monthly rental on top of
    your ADSL for ever and ever,
    and as they don't use industry std. SIP you would be stuck with them.
    Anyone calling you gets overcharged too !

    Have look at sipgate.co.uk, there is no rental and you get a FREE UK
    geographical number, choice of most exchanges.
    Their prices are OK, except for mobiles. No calls to 0700 / 0870 / 0845 / 09
    Nos though.
    You can set you self up with a Free World Dialup service too, which allows
    0800 numbers.
    Regards,
    Martin

    Martin², Jan 15, 2005
  4. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Ram=F3n?=

    Chris Blunt Guest

    To be fair, you do get several additional calling features such as
    voicemail and call redirection with BT for that monthly fee. Sipgate
    don't offer any of those, even for an extra fee.

    Chris

    Chris Blunt, Jan 15, 2005
  5. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Ram=F3n?=

    Gareth Babb Guest

    They use industry-standard-but-not-as-widespread MGCP.
    "It's great, but just limit what numbers you want to call".

    BBV account types are tied to standard BT Together account types - so you
    also get unmetered-for-1-hour calls et al.

    Signing up to BBV is also one of the cheapest way of getting a proper ATA
    too, with the BT service thrown in for free ...

    Gareth Babb, Jan 15, 2005