    I have more to look into from my Googling, of course, but thought it
    might save time to ask around..
    TIA

    anthonyberet, Apr 28, 2005

  2. anthonyberet

    MikeCampbell Guest

    anthonyberet wrote on 28/04/2005 :

    http://www.tripod.lycos.co.uk/myaccount/

    There are ads down one side, see
    http://members.lycos.co.uk/southwestlore/

    and i'm not sure about the p2p advice in their TOS, otherwise it fits
    all your criteria.

    MikeCampbell, Apr 28, 2005

  3. Search here: http://www.freewebspace.net

    Blinky the Shark, Apr 28, 2005

  4. I'm no longer affiliated with affordablehost.com (sold that brand of our
    company last week and bought a new house! *yay*) - but they do offer free
    hosting which matches your criteria.

    --Tina

    Tina - AxisHOST, Inc., Apr 28, 2005
  5. anthonyberet

    Morton Davis Guest

    Try you ISP's personal web pages. Usually, ISPs provide up to 10MB to
    subscribers as part of their service. In the past, I have used sevberal free
    web space servers. However, there are plentry of places that off up to 100MB
    for $10 or less.

    Morton Davis, Apr 29, 2005
  6. anthonyberet

    anthonyberet Guest

    Thanks - but my ISP doesn't offer webspace, they are something of a
    nerd's-choice, bare-bones affair.
    If you could name some of the providers you liked it would be helpful to
    me.

    anthonyberet, Apr 30, 2005
  7. anthonyberet

    1 Guest

    How about "Do it yourself"
    Since you won't be hosting hundreds of pictures (I don't hink anyway)
    you could host your site yourself.... and this pgm is free...

    http://httpd.apache.org/

    1, Apr 30, 2005
  8. anthonyberet

    Zap Eagle Guest

    Zap Eagle, Apr 30, 2005
  9. Why not just do it yourself or is your ISP blocking requests on port 80?

    George Hester, May 1, 2005
  10. anthonyberet

    Old Gringo Guest

    http://www.doteasy.com
    See how it works below. Good Luck on your choice.

    Old Gringo, May 1, 2005
  11. anthonyberet

    jazzman2005 Guest

    If you are in the UK try http://freeola.com/

    no ads or popups > the only charge is to upload your site on an 0845
    number. since your site is 1MB, this will take 5 mins at 56k, which
    costs 5p off-peak.

    occasional site maintenance around another 5p per week. i have quite a
    few sites on their server and it works just fine.

    kinda cheap i'd say ;-)

    jazzman2005, May 1, 2005