    \||||/ | | \| __\,,\ /,,/__
    \||/ | | | (______Y______)
    /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\//\/\\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

    Venture, Apr 6, 2004

    Pepys, Apr 6, 2004

    r_h_c_p, Apr 6, 2004

    Tom, Apr 6, 2004

    dig under rocks, Apr 6, 2004

    skyballs, Apr 6, 2004

    neil young , hands down

    POSTER, Apr 6, 2004
  8. Venture

    Kahreeni Guest

    Angus Young

    Kahreeni, Apr 6, 2004
  9. Venture

    johhnyBfunk Guest

    well believe me when i say i am much worse.

    --
    "In heaven all the interesting people are missing."

    -Friedrich Nietzsche

    "Man is a universe within himself."

    -Bob Marley

    johhnyBfunk, Apr 6, 2004
  10. Venture

    Moondog Guest

    elvis

    Moondog, Apr 6, 2004
  11. Venture

    Tom Guest

    neil young , hands down

    Nice. I'll second that.

    Tom, Apr 6, 2004
  12. How many hours a day of not practicing does it take to become the worst? (I
    need some goals in life). If I cut my practice time in half, is this an
    attainable, worthwhile goal? Anything else I can do besides not playing as
    much to become the worst? What about if I don't play at all? In a Zen-like
    manner I could be the best AND the worst and no one could prove me wrong!

    Ricky W. Hunt, Apr 6, 2004
  13. I've never understood why people rag Neil so bad. I don't think he'd end up
    at the top of most peoples lists, but he DOES play just what the song calls
    for (see Cinnamon Girl for a perfect example. any other solo would have
    ruined that song). And that's my #1 rule for judging a good musician. I
    don't care what they CAN play as long as they play the BEST thing for song
    at hand. SERVE THE SONG. Or maybe it's better to say that Neil is a true
    artist who just happens to play guitar.

    Ricky W. Hunt, Apr 6, 2004
  14. Venture

    moe Guest

    : :> > neil young , hands down
    :>
    :> Nice. I'll second that.

    : I've never understood why people rag Neil so bad. I don't think he'd end up
    : at the top of most peoples lists, but he DOES play just what the song calls
    : for (see Cinnamon Girl for a perfect example. any other solo would have
    : ruined that song). And that's my #1 rule for judging a good musician. I
    : don't care what they CAN play as long as they play the BEST thing for song
    : at hand. SERVE THE SONG. Or maybe it's better to say that Neil is a true
    : artist who just happens to play guitar.

    Well, his one-note solos are famous - they took no talent at all...

    moe, Apr 6, 2004
  15. Venture

    Rick Guest

    Neil Young focuses on songwriting not guitar playing.

    And in any case, when any of y'all can come up with a single
    classic riff, a la "Like A Hurricane" or any of the other dozens
    of classics Young has written, you can start talking about
    worst and no talent without looking like a complete moron.

    Rick

    Rick, Apr 6, 2004
  16. Venture

    The Big D Guest

    Rick from Outside Out

    --
    "i just want you two knuckles deep in my dirtstar yo" - wayne

    "You're like Justin Timberlake on crack." - Eric - 12/27/03 - Miami, FL

    "...and i got my face rite up in his, put my afro real close to him." -
    Shmegma dOgmatagram

    The Big D, Apr 6, 2004
  17. Venture

    chris Guest

    BOB WEIR

    chris, Apr 6, 2004
  18. Venture

    The Big D Guest

    BOB WEIR

    please explain how you could possibly think this

    The Big D, Apr 6, 2004
  19. It was the RIGHT note.

    But of course, you could have done it better.

    Zippy the Pinhead, Apr 6, 2004
  20. Venture

    Alex Guest

    As a disclaimer, I've never listened to Neil Young extensively, maybe a song
    here or a song there, but I must say that this defense of his guitar
    abilities gets progressively more absurd each time I hear it. "It was the
    RIGHT note." "It's perfect for what he writes." I'm NOT saying that none
    of this is true; maybe the guy is a minimalist genius, but it is just rank
    with apologist overtones.

    I hope Rhapsody has some albums available.

    Alex, Apr 6, 2004