Who is the best VOIP provider quality wise?

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by AR, Feb 2, 2006.

  1. AR

    AR Guest

    Dear all

    I've used voiptalk.org for 8 months, BT Broadband voice and sipgate.
    All services used with Cisco ATA's or the Draytek dedicated VOIP
    router.

    BT is the best in that you get a proper engaged tone (when engaged),
    quick call set up times and is almost perfect quality but is expensive

    VOIPTALK is OK. I'm fairly happy with the service but it is not good
    enough to use on a business PBX. Sometimes it takes 30 seconds to
    connect which is not acceptable for business use (sometimes you put
    the phone down before it connects)

    SIPGATE has good competitive call charges but often seems to run out of
    lines to connect to UK PSTN at peak times.

    What would your recommend?

    Regards - Andrew

    AR, Feb 2, 2006

  2. AR

    ballylaxman Guest

    Hmmm, I'm an independent quality tester for voiptalk and haven't found
    this problem before. Which destinations are you dialling?

    ballylaxman, Feb 2, 2006