    They're both better than everage cameras too ....... hers is a 4 mp
    and mine a 5 mp (Olympus 5050).

    Bob T.

    Bob Thomas, Mar 3, 2004

  2. Bob Thomas

    Robertwgross Guest

    Ken, respectfully, I think you're full of beans.
    There is no way to put four AA batteries in a pocket and get them to short
    together unless you have a few inches of wire in there. Now you're wasting
    everybody's time.

    ---Bob Gross---

    Robertwgross, Mar 3, 2004

  3. Bob Thomas

    Charlie Self Guest

    Christ and I almost took you seriously on your other advice!

    Charlie Self
    "There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be cured with what is right in
    America." William J. Clinton

    Charlie Self, Mar 3, 2004
  4. Bob Thomas

    Lionel Guest

    Yep. Dick Smith & Jaycar stock pretty much all the same things. You
    probably ended up with a near identical holder to the one I suggested.
    ;)

    Lionel, Mar 3, 2004
  5. Bob Thomas

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Which doesn't apply, IF you have a charger that charges each battery
    individually. Most chargers work either two or four at a time, but
    there are those that charge each as needed.

    Ron Hunter, Mar 3, 2004
  6. Bob Thomas

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Bob,
    I can speak from sad experience, you are WRONG. Go ahead, try it,
    but have your burn ointment handy.

    Ron Hunter, Mar 3, 2004
  7. Bob Thomas

    Ron Hunter Guest

    It is considerably more upsetting if it happens in your pants pocket!

    Ron Hunter, Mar 3, 2004
  8. Bob Thomas

    Ron Hunter Guest

    And can you pick up a new lithium ion pack in rural North Carolina, or
    at a truck stop in Arizona? Many of us here prefer the convenience of
    AA batteries.
    Just exercise reasonable care, and don't let the batteries get 'loose'
    expecially around other metal objects.

    Ron Hunter, Mar 3, 2004
  9. Bob Thomas

    Ron Hunter Guest

    You guys continue in blissful ignorance long enough, and you WILL get
    educated. Believe it!

    Ron Hunter, Mar 3, 2004
  10. Bob Thomas

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Now that could REALLY ruin your day!

    Ron Hunter, Mar 3, 2004
  11. Bob Thomas

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Bob,
    Please pay attention. Insulation isn't perfect, and can fail, and
    keys and coins make excellent 'wires'. They can also cause flaws in
    that insulation which can lead to failure inside your camera, or other
    device. Pockets aren't really a good place to store batteries.

    Ron Hunter, Mar 3, 2004
  12. Bob Thomas

    Lionel Guest

    I'll bet. A friend of mine managed to short out a battery in his pocket
    (on a set of keys) only a couple of months ago, & he's still bitching
    about it.

    Lionel, Mar 3, 2004
  13. Bob Thomas

    Lionel Guest

    Yes. Unfortunately, they tend to be hard to find & more expensive. I use
    the above method because it's sure to work regardless of what kind of
    charger you have. The only reasonably priced chargers that do individual
    cell charging are trickle chargers, which take 12 hours or more to
    charge a 2000mAH cell.
    (This is because fast chargers need monitoring & PWM power control
    circuits for each bank of batteries, & those circuits are the part that
    makes fast chargers expensive to build. Trickle chargers, OTOH, only
    need a very simple circuit for each bank of batteries, so it's fairly
    cheap to put extra ones.)

    Lionel, Mar 3, 2004
  14. Bob Thomas

    Nibbler Guest

    Is that a exploding lithium in your pocket? or are you just happy to see me?
    Sorry... couldn't resist.

    /leaves - singing BOC 'burning for you'

    Nibbler, Mar 3, 2004
  15. Bob Thomas

    Ron Hunter Guest

    I was lucky, the battery only got a bit too hot for comfort. No holes
    in the pocket, or burns, which is good, considering how close all that
    was to the 'family jewels'.

    Ron Hunter, Mar 3, 2004
  16. Bob Thomas

    Ken Weitzel Guest

    Hi Bob...

    I can accept and respect your opinion. However, please
    humor me, and treat them with respect.

    And if you're fortunate enough to have youngsters
    in your life, then please, please keep them away
    from the kids!

    Take care.

    Ken

    Ken Weitzel, Mar 3, 2004
  17. Bob Thomas

    Nibbler Guest

    Burn out the day, Burn out the night
    I'm not the one to tell you what's wrong or what's right ...
    I've seen signs of cells burning thighs straight through...

    Well I'm burning, I'm burning, I'm burning for you
    I'm burning, I'm burning, I'm burning for you ;-0

    Nibbler, Mar 3, 2004
  18. Bob Thomas

    Dave Cohen Guest

    Ideally I would use a battery holder as sold with MaHa batteries but I've
    never been able to locate one. Go to the plumbing section of your local
    hardware store, get some clear 3/4" OD - 5/8" ID tubing. Cut to length of 2
    AA cells. I slit the tubing lengthwise but you don't have to. Use smaller
    tubing (3/8" ID) for AAA, but this you will have to slit lengthwise as
    battery is too tight a fit.
    Dave Cohen

    Dave Cohen, Mar 3, 2004
  19. Do'h !!! ;-)
    It ruined yer trews as well, I bet.

    Rachael

    Rachael of Nex, the Wiccan Rat, Mar 3, 2004
  20. I didn't say I believed it or didn't - I said "I've heard tale of " it
    but it has "never happened to me".
    Well, take a look at the replies to you - it seems although it hasn't
    happened to me, adverse battery fraternisation effects have happened to
    others here. You suspect they lie, or what ?

    Rachael

    Rachael of Nex, the Wiccan Rat, Mar 3, 2004