    The commercially made ones are good - but they don't seem to sell them
    except as part of a battery pack.

    Bob T.

    Bob Thomas, Mar 2, 2004

  2. Bob Thomas

    Robertwgross Guest

    Ziplock sandwich bag.

    ---Bob Gross---

    Robertwgross, Mar 2, 2004

  3. Bob Thomas

    Bob Thomas Guest

    Not bad ....... although something rigid would be even better. Ziplock
    will certainly do in the meantime. Thanks.

    Bob T.

    Bob Thomas, Mar 2, 2004
  4. Bob Thomas

    Rick Guest

    http://www.thomas-distributing.com/batteryholder-index.htm

    Rick

    Rick, Mar 2, 2004
  5. Bob Thomas

    Robertwgross Guest

    Another one. Some brands of batteries package their AA batteries in a so-called
    blister pack. These packages are part transparent plastic and part cardboard.
    Buy four AA batteries this way and discard the cardboard. Take the plastic part
    and use pieces of tape to hold three of the four edges together. Insert and
    remove the batteries from the fourth edge. Compact. Cheap. Stylish. Reliable.
    No theft of intellectual material. No environmental analysis required.

    ---Bob Gross---

    Robertwgross, Mar 2, 2004
  6. Bob,

    Have a look at www.7dayshop.com - they have containers for 8 AA batts, cost
    v. cheap, also batts cheap, mem card cases, mem cards cheap ..... but they
    are pretty slow to deliver.

    Once you know these things exist, you can search them out in the US.

    Eddie

    Eddie Bromhead, Mar 2, 2004
  7. Bob Thomas

    imbsysop Guest

    I use an old tape-casette container It holds 8 AA rechargeables (2sets
    os 4). Put some styropor slices between battery contatcts. Mind you
    not all containers are large enough to slide them in ..
    FWIW

    imbsysop, Mar 2, 2004
  8. Bob Thomas

    Ed Ruf Guest

    Thomas distribution does. Though in the case of only ordering a few of
    these the shipping charges are killers.

    http://thomas-distributing.com/batteryholder-index.htm
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    http://members.cox.net/egruf
    See images taken with my CP-990 and 5700 at
    http://members.cox.net/egruf-digicam

    Ed Ruf, Mar 2, 2004
  9. I like the Drifter canvas bags and put them on my camera strap, rotating the
    batteries so I know which is the freshest:

    http://www.drifterbag.com/battery.htm

    Radio Shack used to offer a little 4 piece AA and memory holder, but I'm not
    sure if it is still in production.

    Michael Meissner, Mar 2, 2004
  10. Bob Thomas

    Alan F Cross Guest

    They fit quite nicely into a photographic slide box - the plastic boxes
    that slides come back in after processing at Kodak or Fuji.

    It's worth finding a container that holds the batteries upright. Firstly
    it keeps the contacts apart from each other, and secondly, you can store
    the fully charged one "pip-iup" and the exhausted ones out of the camera
    "pip-down", so you don't try ti re-use them.

    Alan F Cross, Mar 2, 2004
  11. Bob Thomas

    BillH Guest

    "Fat" rubber bands to hold them together and then ziplock to protect
    against leakage.

    I buy a bag of rubber bands 3-1/2" x 1/4", 440 count at office supply
    store and use it for various things like laptop cables when I'm carrying
    them in my briefcase (not to mention things in the kitchen as well!).
    It's simple, cheap, and expandable (pun intended).

    BillH, Mar 2, 2004
  12. Bob Thomas

    Tom Monego Guest

    Rubber band around the pack of batteries you need 1 pack to 1 bag. Rubberband =
    freah and a place to store spent batteries.

    Tom

    Tom Monego, Mar 2, 2004
  13. Bob Thomas

    Doug Guest

    Energizer batteries come in a little plastic container. It works
    beautifully. About as compact as you can get.

    Doug

    "Bob Thomas"

    Doug, Mar 2, 2004
  14. Same here. Stops them coming into contact with each other or other sets
    (something which the rubber band option doesn't do, but it depends on
    how paranoid about unwantd battery fraternisation you are !) I've heard
    tale of fires in people's pockets and bags due to batteries getting
    together but even when I have had 'em rolling about in my bag loose it's
    never happened to me. FWIW.

    Rachael

    Rachael of Nex, the Wiccan Rat, Mar 2, 2004
  15. Bob Thomas

    Frank ess Guest

    Someone once suggested travel-size packages of cotton swabs ('Q-tips') are
    suitable for sets of six AAs, but I've never come across such a thing. Your
    luck may be better.

    Frank S

    Frank ess, Mar 2, 2004
  16. Bob Thomas

    Nibbler Guest

    Hehe, I once threw a "discharged" 9v in my pants pocket, already containing
    change and keys... A few minutes later, I though I had spilled my coffee on
    my leg, untill I felt and realised... Do'h

    Nibbler, Mar 2, 2004
  17. Bob Thomas

    Nibbler Guest

    I use the two end pockets on my bag. I use different brands, rubber banded
    in groups of four to keep in groups and identify if seperated so always
    charged / discharge together. charged go in one side, discharged in the
    other. (BTW, mem cards in wallet that holds 6 - have 6 128M SM and a 32M -,
    all start facing one way, flip when inserted full)

    Nibbler, Mar 2, 2004
  18. Bob Thomas

    Nibbler Guest

    How about a travel container for a bar of soap, should be cheap.

    Nibbler, Mar 2, 2004
  19. Bob Thomas

    Chris Quinn Guest

    Digital Camera Magazine in the UK is giving away a free case to hold 4xAA
    with this month's issue

    Chris Quinn, Mar 2, 2004
  20. Bob Thomas

    Larry Guest

    Radio Shack (in the US) sells flat "battery packs" that hold 4 AA
    cells. (1.50 US dollars)put the batteries in, flip the on off switch
    to the off position and clip off the wires. A buck fifty is cheap
    enough for me.

    Larry, Mar 2, 2004