    I got a D3 about a month ago, and I'm very happy with it. Isn't that
    enough?

    Father Kodak

    Father Kodak, Feb 29, 2008

  2. Father Kodak

    Alfred Molon Guest

    It's "who cares" not "who care".

    Alfred Molon, Feb 29, 2008

  3. Father Kodak

    Shawn Hirn Guest

    Nope. I couldn't care less either. My theory is, use whatever camera
    works best for you. I don't have a vested interest in any camera
    manufacturer. I am a long-time Canon user, but if someone wants to buy
    Nikon, Sony, Smiggeggi, whatever, why in the world would I care? Life is
    why too short for such silliness as camera religious arguments.

    Shawn Hirn, Feb 29, 2008
  4. Hey, whatever floats your boat. I got mine the end of December 07 and I'm
    happy with it as well. I might even get a second one towards the end of
    this year. I need to try a D300 and see if that will fit my needs first
    before making the commitment. You only live once, son. You might as well
    enjoy yourself.

    Rita

    Rita Berkowitz, Feb 29, 2008
  5. Probably so. My web hit counter lights up like a Christmas tree within
    15-seconds of me posting an image. I appreciate my fan base.
    Yep! I have no argument with that. The issue here is what other "topics of
    interest" on these groups are more interesting and exciting? It's not like
    these groups are thriving with good accurate information that makes a reader
    want to open and read a post.

    Rita

    Rita Berkowitz, Feb 29, 2008
  6. It should be enough for you, certainly.

    A lot of what you're talking about is more or less like Ford fans arguing
    with Chevy fans about which is best. Such arguments ("nyahh nyahh") are fun
    for people who enjoy that sort of exchange and of little interest to those
    who don't. If you find it "borrrrrrrrrring" why read it?

    I'm a Nikon guy myself and I recognize that Canon is my chosen make's chief
    competitor. As such, I do like to read about which brand is getting ahead of
    the other technologically, and how. It's just a matter of general interest
    for me. Sure, there are some immature comments made by either side but those
    are easy to skip over.

    Neil

    Neil Harrington, Feb 29, 2008
  7. Father Kodak

    jean Guest

    Indeed, it is competition and drives the maket. Whatever is done better by
    one maker will be copied and improved by the other, all to the benefit of
    the users.

    Jean

    jean, Feb 29, 2008
  8. You miss the point! Take the Chevy/Ford thing. There's nothing sweeter
    than putting in a Ford 9" rear in a Chevy and a small block Chevy motor in a
    Ford. Kinda like the Nikon/Canon thing. You need Nikkor glass to make
    Canon bodies work while Nikon got both bases covered now.
    Well, that's true, but the facts should always be presented in a way that is
    both stimulating and make the readers think.

    Rita

    Rita Berkowitz, Feb 29, 2008
  9. Father Kodak

    Charles Guest

    I will admit that you post intriguing subject titles. I rarely fail
    to be pleased by what I find at the links you post.

    Charles, Feb 29, 2008
  10. Father Kodak

    Dave Busch Guest

    I love Christmas trees! Post a link to *my* web page next time.

    Dave

    Dave Busch, Feb 29, 2008
  11. I'm going to have to start hosting my wonderful D3 pics on your site as my
    eBay site is getting a workout already with the 30Mbps connection.

    Rita

    Rita Berkowitz, Feb 29, 2008
  12. Why do that? I could see putting Cadillac engines in Fords (which was a very
    popular thing to do at one time), but there were much better Ford engines
    than the small block Chevy. And Ford-O-Matics of the period were sure a lot
    better than Chevy's PowerGlide. In fact I can't think of any auto
    transmission worse than PowerGlide, except perhaps Dynaflow. ;-)

    If you like, but for me it's Nikon all the way. (Well, I do have one
    Nikon-mount Tokina lens -- but I wouldn't be interested in mix-and-match
    with different camera makers' bodies and lenses.)
    I'm all for that.

    Neil

    Neil Harrington, Mar 1, 2008
  13. Father Kodak

    Father Kodak Guest

    Typo, that's all. We all do that from time to time.

    Father Kodak

    Father Kodak, Mar 1, 2008
  14. The only good Ford engine from that era was the 351 Cleveland. The Windsor
    was a big compromise.

    Rita

    Rita Berkowitz, Mar 1, 2008
  15. Father Kodak

    Ray Fischer Guest

    Which is your excuse for posting "immature comments".
    And were you planning on actually doing that one of these days?

    Ray Fischer, Mar 1, 2008
  16. Well, we're speaking of different periods of course. I remember when the
    first Chevy small block came out; you probably do not. So I tend to think of
    "small block" as meaning the early ones like the 265 and 283, not the later
    bored and stroked versions.

    At about that time they were stuffing big-inch Caddy engines into Fords to
    make "Fordillacs" -- which would outperform almost anything.

    The only big block V8 I ever owned was the 352 in my 1966 Galaxie
    convertible. That was great fun to drive, but it sure was thirsty -- about
    10 or 11 mpg around town, even less when driven enthusiastically. Of course
    gas was a lot cheaper in 1966.

    Neil

    Neil Harrington, Mar 1, 2008
  17. It must be working since you keep coming back for more.

    Rita

    Rita Berkowitz, Mar 1, 2008
  18. Father Kodak

    Ray Fischer Guest

    Only in your imaginings. In the real world I don't fall for your
    obvious trolling and your pathetic adulation of corporations.

    Ray Fischer, Mar 1, 2008
  19. Right! Than why even bother to respond to anything I say? You are
    definitely hooked with a treble hook, sucker.

    Rita

    Rita Berkowitz, Mar 1, 2008
  20. Father Kodak

    RustY© Guest

    That's great pops. Now stop posting and take some pictures.

    RustY©, Mar 2, 2008