    Which one do you think is a better and why?

    Thanks,

    - Siddhartha

    Siddhartha Jain, Nov 7, 2005

  2. Sorry, that should read "Sigma 10-20mm f4-5.6"

    - Siddhartha

    Siddhartha Jain, Nov 7, 2005

  3. Siddhartha Jain

    burnsdavidj Guest

    No direct personal experience, but have read the Tokina 12-24 is your
    best bet if you're not going 10-22 ef/s.

    I've also read the 10-22ef/s under most conditions performs roughly
    equivalent to the 17-40L in ranges where they overlap...not sure I
    believe it, but as far as lenses go the 10-22 seems to have strong
    proponents.

    \post is worth worth $0.02 if taken with grain of salt.

    burnsdavidj, Nov 7, 2005
  4. I'd say Tokina. I've not tested either, but here's why:

    * constant f4 beats variable f4-5.6 every time.
    * spec looks pretty close to the Nikon lens.
    * seen references to reviews stating the Tokina is better than the Nikon,
    and the Nikon is generally raved about.
    * I like Tokina lenses- the 19-35mm and 28-70mm were pretty good. Sigma
    lenses feel cheap. Beyond optics, i'd say the majority of my decision is
    made on tactility.

    So, probably not the best opinion to base a $500 purchase on, but it's all
    i've got. Sorry :)

    Martin

    Martin Francis, Nov 7, 2005
  5. Siddhartha Jain

    Dimitris M Guest

    I have the Tokina for my Nikon D70 and it is an exellent lens. I will
    suggest it, but...

    As Nikon myltiply focal length by 1,5, the lens becames equivalent to a
    18-36mm.

    In Canon that it will be multiplied by 1,6 the focal length will be 19,2-
    38,4mm. Sigma will become 16-32mm.

    Dimitris M, Nov 8, 2005