Which to prefer ..?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by pbdelete, Apr 21, 2006.

  1. pbdelete

    pbdelete Guest

    pbdelete, Apr 21, 2006

  2. pbdelete

    Pat Guest

    Yes. But it depends on what your criteria are and what your use will
    be.

    Pat, Apr 21, 2006

  3. They're broadly similar models, but differ in the details. Do you want a
    fold-out tilt/swivel LCD? Go with the Canon. Is fast focusing important
    to you? The Panasonic is probably the way to go. Do you have a large
    collection of MemoryStick memory? The Sonys might be best.

    So, what do you want to do with this camera, and what (if any) equipment
    do you already have?

    -dms

    Daniel Silevitch, Apr 21, 2006
  4. pbdelete

    pbdelete Guest

    They're broadly similar models, but differ in the details. Do you want a
    I think at this stage I want the pure photographic capabilities to be the
    best. Such as noiselevels, lens distortion etc..
    Other stuff I like is remote triggered shot, and subsequent transfer to a pc.
    Infrared remote to trigger shot.

    pbdelete, Apr 21, 2006
  5. Well, the Panasonics have a well-regarded lens. I have an FZ5, the
    predecessor to the FZ7 (which uses the same lens), and it takes clean,
    crisp shots throughout the zoom range. Unfortunately, the Panasonics
    also have a reputation for noisier-than-average sensors, though my
    experience has been that ISO 200 and below are fine.

    Remote triggers, I'm not sure about.

    -dms

    Daniel Silevitch, Apr 21, 2006