    does it have to be using SQL2008? Or are the questions suitable for SQL2005
    as well? I have systems and experience with SQL2005, so installing and
    learning SQL2008 will take a lot more effort.

    Mark W, Oct 7, 2009

  2. Actually installing and learning SQL2008 should take only a nominal amount
    of effort if you do have expertise with SQL2005. Refer to the "New Features"
    section of the SQL2008 product documentation, which mostly revolve around
    *development* features and SSRS. (SSRS2008 is a major jump in capability
    from SSRS2005.)

    Either way, I doubt that the Sharepoint BI exam is going to be specific to
    either database platform, but given that MOSS2007 was originally designed
    for installation on SQL Server 2005, and is still supported on that database
    server, it's highly unlikely that the exam will contain any SQL2008-specific
    questions.

    --
    Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA

    Lawrence Garvin [MVP], Oct 9, 2009

  3. Mark W

    jgohil

    Joined:
    May 13, 2009
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    London
    Hi Mark,

    Not sure if you have sat for your Exam 78-702 as I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts. Exam 78-702 will test you on SQL Server 2008. Does anyone know if Microosft is going to come up with another BI exam when SharePoint 2010 is released later this year?

    Thanks

    jgohil, Mar 2, 2010