    Can anyone tell me, which portable DVD players play
    mpeg4,mpeg2, or Divx from a DVD-R(/w) DVD+R(/w)?

    Thanks.

    v900y, Feb 4, 2006

  2. v900y

    Chris F Guest

    thi isn't on-topic in uk.games.video.handheld.

    plus, it's probably easier for you to just go and look at the specs of
    some.

    some people are just bloody lazy these days!

    Chris F, Feb 4, 2006

  3. v900y

    Lumstorm Guest

    Lumstorm, Feb 4, 2006
  4. v900y

    Baz Guest

    Baz, Feb 4, 2006
  5. v900y

    Biz Guest

    Biz, Feb 5, 2006
  6. I beg to differ. Many commercial DVDs feature little interactive games
    as special features. A portable DVD player which can play these is
    therefore a handheld.

    Choobs

    Sir Chewbury Gubbins, Feb 5, 2006
  7. v900y

    Chris F Guest

    well no.

    unless you hold it in one hand, and the remote control in the other.

    Chris F, Feb 5, 2006
  8. I think you'll find that portable DVD players tend to have a navigation
    'd-pad'. So, yes ;-)

    Choobs

    Sir Chewbury Gubbins, Feb 5, 2006
  9. v900y

    crosstown Guest

    I use a philips model 642/37. Any version Philips 642 should do the job.
    I also own a KiSS dp 450. When the first became available in the US and was
    selling them through my website.
    I still recommend the Philips as it is much more dependable. The KiSS is a
    bit buggy. I suppose the fact that I was sort of beta testing firmware on it
    could have something to do with the problems it developed.
    Im sure you will be happy with the simplicity and performance of the Philips
    642 ...for $60-$70 US.
    If a file doesnt display correctly the first time with the philips just open
    the menu with the controler and tab down to exit the menu and it will play
    properly 99% of the time. I havent found a valid .avi file yet that it would
    not run.

    crosstown, Feb 6, 2006
  10. v900y

    crosstown Guest

    Sorry...I overlooked the "handheld" part of the question.
    I guess I dont have an answer to that one as I cannot figure out why anyone
    would want to try watching video on one of those tiny screens so I never
    learned about them.

    crosstown, Feb 6, 2006