    "BroadVoice adaptor" and the WiSIP?

    TIA,

    --Al

    Al Puzzuoli, Dec 17, 2004

  2. Al Puzzuoli

    JB Guest

    I wonder if someone can explain what all this stuff means? What is a WiSIP?
    What is a BroadVoice or Cisco adapter?

    JB, Jan 7, 2005

  3. Al Puzzuoli

    Miguel Cruz Guest

    WiSIP is a sort of cordless VoIP phone that uses wifi. The idea is that you
    can subscribe to a VoIP service, configure the phone for it, and then make
    and receive calls from anywhere you can access a wifi signal (well, one that
    doesn't require you to log in via a web interface...).

    The consensus seems to be that the phone is not very good. Here's one person
    who didn't like it:

    http://slacker.com/~nugget/asterisk3.php

    Broadvoice (www.broadvoice.com) is a VoIP service that provides some pretty
    competitive packages and works with a wide range of equipment.

    Cisco makes IP phones as well as adapters (such as the ATA-186) that will
    turn an ordinary phone into an IP phone.

    miguel

    Miguel Cruz, Jan 7, 2005