Which path to take

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by Craig Davies, Apr 26, 2006.

  1. Craig Davies

    Craig Davies Guest

    The way I see it I have 2 options on which to take the A+ Certification,
    first is by ICS and the other myself:

    Option 1
    ICS:
    IT Career Starter - £559 ($1000) - includes A+ an Network+ (There are
    different key topics compared to the A+ course (see links)
    http://www.icslearn.co.uk/it-technical-courses/it-certification/it-career-starter/

    A+ Certification - £439 - ($785) - Just A+
    http://www.icslearn.co.uk/it-technical-courses/it-certification/a-plus-certification/

    Option 2
    Purchase the book by Michael Meyers and do the practice exams at passitnow
    site

    What do you think?

    Craig Davies, Apr 26, 2006

  2. Craig Davies

    linker3000 Guest

    If you have the experience and IT background, try the DIY route. Also
    check out your local colleges - one may run relevant courses. Can't see
    why you should pay £439 for a CD and some support services - you can
    probably get tons of good help just by hanging out round here.

    Good luck.

    linker3000, Apr 26, 2006

  3. What is your background? That's a lot of money when there are cheaper
    ways that can be as effective.

    Tom

    Tom MacIntyre, Apr 27, 2006
  4. Craig Davies

    Butterfield Guest

    Get you hands on some hardware. Break it/ fix it. Read the book
    section on "course objectives" and understand these.

    "If you don't know where you are going then any path will take you
    there."

    -- Butterfield

    Butterfield, Apr 27, 2006